Skip to main content
Solved

Accepting Payments for Independent Contractors/Users as Admin

• 5 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone!

So, I employ 5 independent contractors and want clients to be able to select WHO they want to work with THEN schedule and pay, but Calendly only allows individual users to integrate payment options into their own accounts.

I would like to have full control over the payment optoins/payout options and don’t want to give this “power” to the independent contractors, even if htey are willing to give me their login/pw.

Any thoughts on workarounds for this? Thank you!

Hey there @Nita62613 - great question! I hope that other Calendly users chime in with how they set themselves up for similar use cases! 🙂 In the meantime, I might have some helpful suggestions, myself! 

Firstly - I’d consider using routing forms. Routing forms let you request information such as industry, company size, specific interests, etc. from website visitors and automatically direct them to a specific scheduling or web page based on their responses. It's great for screening and qualifying sales leads on a website or matching clients or students to the booking page of the right subject-matter expert based on their interests, program, or other criteria. You can read more about setting up routing forms, here!

In your use case, you would: 

1. Set up a Team Page
  2. Set up an event type for each host (read: how to set up one-on-one event types on a team page)
  3. Set up a routing form
  4. Use the questions portion of the form to get info needed to send invitees to the correct host (i.e. “What are you hoping to book today?” or “Which host are you here to book with?” or whatever works for your use case)
  5. Use the routing portion of the form to send invitees to the correct event type (host) based on their answer(s)

Here’s how this benefits you: 

Payments for shared or team event types are collected through the organization Owner's connected Stripe/PayPal account. Meaning - when you set up team events on a team page, the owner/admin (that’s you!) has full control over payment collection. This means that the PayPal/Stripe account(s) you integrate with your own Calendly account will be the accounts applied to and collecting payments on those team event types (Round Robin Event Types and/or Collective Event Types - both of which can be set up to be used as one-on-one event types by assigning a single host to them on a team page - as gone over in the article linked above). Then, you can distribute those payments to your hosts however you please. 

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions!

p.s. check out our Company Admin Guide. This is full of super helpful tips + tricks as you get started with Calendly!