Skip to main content
Solved

Add a location after booking?

• 13 March 2024
  • 1 reply

I searched, but did not find this topic? I'm using Calendly to book in-person consults at client homes. I don't know until they book what the location is. Right now I have TBD in location and added a Question  for them to answer about where the consult will take place, but that seems cumbersome and I don’t know how to update the location after booking. There has to be a better way so that the client can enter their location in the location field when they book? 

Hey there, @Midwestgardengal - great question, and thanks for posting it! Firstly - check out our New User Guide when you have time. It’s an awesome resource when getting started!

To your point - there is no way to add a location to an event type after a booking has been made. Any changes you make to your event type would apply to new bookings, only. Because these bookings take place in the client’s home, I can see why a pre-determined location is not possible. Here’s the workaround I think will be your best bet:

1. Keep the in-person “TBD” location you currently have in place on the event type
  2. Include info in the description about this taking place in the client’s home 
  3. Include something in the title, as well, ex: “Event Type Name: In Your Home” or something similar for further clarity
  4. Use Invitee Questions On Your Booking Page to set a *required* field that asks the invitee for their address
  5. The mandated question will ensure you always have the address!

You will not be able to officially add this to the event in Calendly, but you *can* add it to the external calendar event for you and the invitee (if you are using Calendar Invitations). Additionally, you can add it in the “notes” section of each booking (visible only to you) under “scheduled events” > “details” next to each different booking time/date.

I hope this helps!