Skip to main content

Hi, Perhaps something in Calendly setting had changed? Posting in case it helps others. I spent an hour researching and clicking around.

I changed my Availability and it said changes saved (to a smaller number of hours). But the Booking page still reflected the wrong times.  

I had to go to the event, hit EDIT specifically to change the hours there. I don’t think it used to work like this. I only have one event type, and shouldn’t Availability override the specific event settings? What’s the point of setting Availability two times when there is only one type of event?

(I can see if availability covering more hours and the specific event type is using fewer of those, this is the opposite)

Hey there @Sue W -- thanks for posting, and these are great questions!

This all depends on the kind of event type you have set up as well as how you set your availability.

Firstly: you can use our Troubleshooting availability tool on your scheduling page in order to understand what's causing availability conflicts. I find it to be super helpful and it resolves most availability issues. Using this tool will show you specific error codes on each date and time block that shows “busy” but you expect to be available, so that you can take a look at those reasons and fix them if needed.

Secondly: it sounds as though you initially went to your “availability” tab > set up a schedule there > attempted to apply those hours. Did you make sure to click the “active on” dropdown to the top > left of that schedule and select your event type, then save it, so the schedule is applied to that event type? If you missed this step, it would make sense that you then had to go into the event itself in order to make changes. 

Active on” dropdown -- used to apply availability schedules to specific event types from the “availability” tab

Thirdly: I understand the confusion surrounding having two places to set availability! I am happy to explain. The reason the “availability tab” is there is for when someone has multiple event types and would like to set up schedules > apply them to multiple event types in one go. However, there is also always the ability to go into an individual event type and set up custom hours there (regardless of how many event types you have/whether or not they are “turned on”). 

I took a look at your event types for you -- you have not applied your schedule from the availability tab to your active event type using the “active on” dropdown mentioned above. The schedule is applied to your two inactive event types, but not the event type that you currently have “turned on” (all users on our free plan can have one active event type at any given time, but, any event types they created while on a paid plan or on our free trial period will remain there “turned off” to be used at a later date, if need be). 🙂
This is why you had to go into the event type itself and update your availability, there! 

For future reference, if you run into this issue and the “active on” dropdown doesn’t seem to be the answer, I suggest that you look into these event settings and other things: 

• the troubleshooting availability tool, linked above
  • date range
  • start time increments
  • any “busy” events on your connected “check for conflicts” calendar that might be blocking off time
  • minimum scheduling notice
  • any “buffers” you might have applied
  • any upcoming Calendly events under your “scheduled events” tab that might be blocking off time slots

This should all help! You can also read more, here (this will explain the “active on” dropdown and more!): Availability Schedules

Let me know if you have any further questions -- especially if the troubleshooting tool for your availability does not help you sort things out!

Thanks, for the detailed reply. I actually did use the troubleshooting tool and didn’t learn much my issue, re: Availability not synching with the Event. 

I did select the Event I wanted but it kept reverting to the 2 unused Events. I just realized that one had to save the changes - sounds obvious BUT, the save button is way down beyond the screen.

Some feedback for your UX team: some functionalities auto save when we change them, like the times on the Availability (says saved, but won’t register unless you make it ‘active’ or Edit the actual Event), some needs a Save button clicked to save the changes, but it’s not obvious. It’s inconsistent.

Great feedback for our team, @Sue W! I will make sure to pass it on. In the meantime I am so glad you got your schedule applied to the desired event. Yay!