Skip to main content
Solved

Calendly Not Integrating with Outlook - How to Solve

• 12 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Appointments are being made with me, yet not reflecting in my outlook.

I have checked settings, and looks integration is in place.

Was on leave for a week, and appointments were being made, even though I had out of office on

Any suggestions appreciated

Hey there, Brenton! Thanks for posting! =) 

Firstly, check out our New User Guide - it’ll def prove helpful as you get used to the platform!

Firstly, you’ll want to make sure you have correctly set up your Availability Schedules to reflect when you are busy/free in Calendly. Then, you’ll want to head to your Calendar Connection page > check for conflicts > make sure you have properly set up which calendars to be read for conflicts. Here’s the bread and butter - any events on your O365 Calendar *must be marked busy* in order to be read as conflicts by Calendly so that you are not booked over them. “Free” status events can be booked over, always. 

Now, if Calendly appointments are being made and not pushing to your O365 calendar, it’s possible you haven’t quite set it up correctly. Try disconnecting your calendar completely and reconnecting it. 

Navigate to your Calendar Connection page from the drop-down menu on the top right corner of your page.

Select which type of calendar you will be connecting. Calendly integrates with the following platforms:
Google
Office 365 or Outlook.com
Outlook desktop for Windows PC
iCloud
Exchange

Once connected, take a look at the settings on your Calendar Connection page.

If you have connected more than one calendar, use Edit to choose which you would like Calendly to check for conflicts. Any events labeled busy in the selected calendars will be read as conflicts, and those times will be removed from your scheduling page.
You can also select which calendar you would like your Calendly events added to. When an invitee chooses an available time to meet with you, the details will be published to your connected calendar and the Scheduled Events tab on your Home page automatically.

Note:
You can only publish events to one connected calendar.

If you run into further issues, let us know! 

I have the same issue and have followed all of the above instructions and Calendly is still showing me as available when I am not.  Frustrating.  

I have the same issue and have followed all of the above instructions and Calendly is still showing me as available when I am not.  Frustrating.  

I’m so sorry to hear this! If your Calendly booking page is showing you as available when you are not: go to your Calendly home page > select "account" and then "calendar connections" > at "check for conflicts" select "edit" > select all calendars that should be checked for conflicts. 

Also, make sure that any event on your connected calendar(s) that you want to block off time (be a conflict) in Calendly is marked “busy.” Example: Calendly will view your Google events with this "busy" event status as scheduling conflicts and will automatically remove the time from your scheduling page (including all-day or multi-day events). You can access and change this setting by double-clicking on the event id in your calendar and changing the status from "busy" to "free" as shown below:

I hope this helps!

Hello everyone,

I also have the same problem:

Calendly does not synchronize with my Outlook appointments in advance to display free appointments; also, in the backend, the calendar is removed after installation in the running process and is no longer displayed. Despite the correct plugin code in the backend and frontend/app. As a result, coordination between Outlook and Calendly is no longer possible. 

To date, however, support has not had any more in-depth options....

Hey @SHOJ76 - I am sorry to hear this! Firstly I do want to clarify that Calendly will not read “free” appointments on your Outlook Calendar and translate those to open booking slots on your Calendly booking page. Calendly will read “busy” appointments and block those off within the available hours you set in Calendly. In order to set up open time in Calendly you need to set an Availability Schedule

When it comes to your Outlook Plugin issues, it does seem that you need more advanced troubleshooting than I can perform here in community. Please do reach back out to support about this issue via your profile - they are available 24/7. I do suggest (if a viable option) ditching the plugin and connecting via O365/Outlook.com instead. These integrations are generally seamless and cause far fewer problems, since the events are online and communicate more easily in real time.