Skip to main content
Solved

Create an appointment myself for my clients

• 12 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi all !

I use calendly for my solo-business : I’m a nutrition coach. 
People book an consultation with me. 

I would like sometimes to create myself an appointment for my clients: for example I’m on the phone with them, or during a meeting, and we talk about our next session. It’s not always convenient to tell them “have a look at my calendly and pick a date”. Sometimes I’d like to go ‘OK, I’ve set our next meeting, you’ll receive a confirmation email”

And I would like to do so even on timeslots that are not officially available. The ones I keep for myself. 

How can I do something like that ? 

Thank you for your help !

Hi @Marion44610!

Great question. I actually do this type of scheduling occasionally myself and the really easy way: use your booking page like your client would!

Instead of sending out the link and having them select a time, while you’re chatting with them open up the booking page you would have sent them and follow the prompts yourself. Where it says name and email, enter theirs instead and you’re good to go. They’ll get the confirmation email, reminders, and any workflow you normally use.

As for timeslots that are outside of your normal booking, you could have a separate event type with wider availability you pull up for these occasions. This would be one that you don’t normally send clients and keep private to yourself, but same process. Follow the prompts, enter the client information, and you’re good to go.

Let us know if that works and if you need anything else. We’re here for it!

Thank you so much for your detailed answer ! 

That actually does solve part of the problem thank you. 
I’ll create a secrete type of event for that. 

My reminding issue would be that some type of event are integrated with a mandatory paiement at booking. I would love that I could book the slot for my client and he would receive an email with link to pay and confim :)

thanks again for your help, I’ll start with the one without pre-paiement.

Thank you so much for your detailed answer ! 

That actually does solve part of the problem thank you. 
I’ll create a secrete type of event for that. 

My reminding issue would be that some type of event are integrated with a mandatory paiement at booking. I would love that I could book the slot for my client and he would receive an email with link to pay and confim :)

thanks again for your help, I’ll start with the one without pre-paiement.

Hey! If you are booking for your clients (a secret event type is a great solution, here, like Jillian said!) you will want to leave the payment portion off of that event type, unless you are going to take their credit card info over the phone (many businesses do this!) and enter it for them. That said - while you can’t specifically use Calendly to collect payments after an event is booked, what you can do is set up a Workflow that shoots off an email immediately after the event is booked, with a payment link for your payment provider that asks the invitee to go pay for their booking! You could also include this payment link in the email confirmation of the event type if you are using one, or the calendar invitation. Hope this helps! 

Hmm. The payment bit does complicate this workflow, but it’s not impossible at all. I think using Stripe’s payment link would probably be the best solution. It would keep all your payments within the same tool (Stripe - it’s what we use for our existing payment integration) and the customer would likely be familiar with the interface. Customers would end up receiving 2 emails from you - appointment confirmation and payment request. The not-so-smooth part of this is that you’d need to manually check to see if the customer has paid before you meet.

More info on Stripe’s help center here.