Skip to main content
Solved

Create an appointment myself for my clients

• 24 February 2024
  • 4 replies

I would like to create an appointment myself for my client.  When I looked at the prior questions, I saw the same thing from Marion about a month ago.  Her answer was from Jillian.  I followed the advice, however, when I went to click the button to “schedule the event’” I go an error message that said I needed to enter the payment details through PayPal.  When I tried to log in to PayPal, I got n error message that said “You are logging into the account of the seller for this purchase. Please change your login information and try again.”

How can I correct this?  (I have already sent the client a PayPal Invoice.)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hey there @Dennis78826 - great question! I am glad that you figured out how to book on behalf of invitees - but lets work around that paywall you have set up!

Also, check out our New User Guide - it’ll def prove helpful as you get used to the platform!

Now, what you’re going to want to do is: 

1. Clone the event type by clicking the “gear” icon on the top right, clicking “clone” and then renaming it so that you recognize the difference (i.e. “Event Name: Clone”)
  2. Once cloned, click into the new event type and make it secret so that only you can access it for booking
  3. Then, edit this cloned version of your ET so that it does not collect payments at all so you are free to book on behalf of invitees without worrying about getting stuck there

Boom - you’re good to go! I hope this helps!

Clone ET by clicking “gear” icon > clicking “clone”
Click into ET to edit settings > click “gear” icon at top right > click “make secret” to make ET unlisted on public booking page (so only you can access it unless you choose to Share Your Calendly Link to this event with invitees so that they can book themselves without paying)

Thank you Kelsi.

However, When I went to schedule the client for a particular time, I clicked on the time slot and it did not respond.  It did not show it was unavailable...it just would not let me go forward.

When I adjusted the payment section, I moved it to do not collect payments.  Was that correct?

That did it.  Thank you very much for your help!

Thank you Kelsi.

However, When I went to schedule the client for a particular time, I clicked on the time slot and it did not respond.  It did not show it was unavailable...it just would not let me go forward.

When I adjusted the payment section, I moved it to do not collect payments.  Was that correct?

Hey! I see your second response and it looks like you got this figured out! Great! I did just want to clarify that yes, turning off payment collection entirely on your cloned/secret event is the way to go. This way you can book as normal without being prompted to pay on behalf of the invitee. 

That did it.  Thank you very much for your help!

So glad to hear! Let me know if you run into any more annoying snags!