Question

Customize Calendar Invitation - Event Title

• 1 April 2024
  • 7 replies

I use the Calendly Apple Calendar integration.

Calendly creates calendar entries with the following format: First Name, Last Name : Event Type”.

I want to replace “Event Type” with “Answer to Question 1” this would be way more useful to me.

How do I do this?

7 replies

Userlevel 2

@Benedict63  I love that you’re looking to customize your calendar entry - we’ve (at Calendly) found that personalizing your calendar invite like that boosts the likelihood that folks book a meeting with you. 

Luckily, I think I’ve got a relatively quick solve for you here. I’ve included a video walkthrough of doing the same sort of change on my account, below. You’ll want to head into the edit settings of the event type that you want to make the calendar entry change to, like I did below. Inserting “Variables” into your calendar event title is how you can take a question response you ask on your booking page into the title of the booking itself. 

If anything about the video walkthrough is unclear, feel free to follow up here with questions! 

@g.toon 

I had tried this and tried again following your instruction carefully. It doesn’t work.

My invitees receive the standard invitation and .ics file  “Event Name with my FirstName LastName”

and my Mac iCloud calendar is updated with a calendar event title: “invitee FirstName LastName: Event Name”

any idea what I am doing wrong ?

Userlevel 2

@Benedict63 just gave it another look and put together a video walkthrough that expands into the questions section of the event type editor. I’m wondering if you've got the following in place or not: 

• Make sure to “Save and close” on each edit screen - there are a few to confirm
  • Make sure that you have a Q1 and Q2 added beyond the required questions of your event, like I’ve got with the sample “favorite color” and “favorite animal” questions that I added
  • Make sure they are required of your invitees because without an answer to each, the title of your invitation will default to what you’re seeing

I tested all of this on my Google Calendar, so if none of the above works for you, I wonder if this is feedback we need to pass along to those working on our Mac iCloud calendar integration. Would love to hear what you find and whether any of the above + new video does the trick for you. 

Userlevel 2

Also @Benedict63 here’s a screenshot of what a test booking looked like on the other end without any editing, from my Google Calendar - you can see how the favorite color and favorite animal items piped in, but want to make sure this matches to what you’re trying to do.  

I am having a similar issue. What is not clear is how to edit the invitees invitation. The edits in your video only pertain to the invitations for the account holder. Example: I want  the invitation to read “Consultation with Sebastian” (Sebastian is me) on my invitee’s calendar and “Consultation with Rob” on my calendar (Rob is my client). 

I am unable to edit the invitee’s calendar invites to deviate from the standard: Name - Time - Event Name.

Userlevel 7

I am having a similar issue. What is not clear is how to edit the invitees invitation. The edits in your video only pertain to the invitations for the account holder. Example: I want  the invitation to read “Consultation with Sebastian” (Sebastian is me) on my invitee’s calendar and “Consultation with Rob” on my calendar (Rob is my client). 

I am unable to edit the invitee’s calendar invites to deviate from the standard: Name - Time - Event Name.

The edits you make to calendar invitations will apply to both your calendar event and the invitee’s calendar event. Hope this helps! 

Userlevel 2

@Sebastian11102 I believe we’re able to get part of what you’re asking for today, but not the full ask. 

1. The part we can address today and related to what @Kelsi at Calendly highlighted above - my video edits should apply to both account holder AND invitee (to your first ask about editing the invitee’s invitation). If they don’t, I’d be curious to see what they look like on your end for further troubleshooting. 
  2. The part we can’t currently get to is your request to have the invitation read differently for you vs. what your invitee sees. Totally get wanting to do that, so I’ll pass that feedback along to our larger team for consideration.