Skip to main content
Question

edit the way the event displays on calendar

• 27 November 2023
  • 3 replies

I have more than one event type. One type of event on the calendar show the person's name I am meeting with.  The other type shows the generic name of the event.  I want it to show the name of the person who initiated the meeting. 

Hey there, @TeréFoster777 - great question!

If you are referring to the way the booking shows up on your connected calendar, you will need to edit either your calendar invitations or email confirmations, whichever you are using for the event type. This requires being on a paid plan - at least our Standard plan. Read more on our Pricing Page.

For calendar invitations, you need to edit the “title” and for email confirmations you need to edit the “subject” in order to change the way the event shows up on your calendar once booked. Read more here.

You might also enjoy the info in this topic: 

I hope this helps!

No, it’s not that issue.  

It is the way it shows up automatically.  One event type shows the name of the person who initiated the appointment, but the other just shows the name of the event type.  For example, I call one event type: COLLABORATION CALL.  But when someone initiates that type of event, their name doesn’t show on the calendar.  Instead “COLLABORATION” shows on the calendar. I circled in blue.  

But I like the way the other type of event shows the name.  I circled in yellow.

No, it’s not that issue.  

It is the way it shows up automatically.  One event type shows the name of the person who initiated the appointment, but the other just shows the name of the event type.  For example, I call one event type: COLLABORATION CALL.  But when someone initiates that type of event, their name doesn’t show on the calendar.  Instead “COLLABORATION” shows on the calendar. I circled in blue.  

But I like the way the other type of event shows the name.  I circled in yellow.

Thanks for the information! I actually do believe after seeing more details that the info I gave you above is exactly what you need to do in order to “fix” this. The way that the event appears on your calendar is determined by what you enter in the text field for the title/subject of the calendar invitations/email confirmations in the event type settings. The event will always appear automatically on your connected ”add to” calendar, but the way it appears is based on those settings. Please, do take some time to look into the information I gave you and go check out your settings. If after doing this, and booking yourself a test event to see if it changes, you still run into issues — let us know. I suggest paying attention to the variables that you have selected in the title/subject text field mentioned. One variable is “invitee name“ and it appears you might have used that variable in one event type’s settings, but not the other.