Skip to main content
Question

How do I enable Email Validation on my Calendly to only allow Non-Gmail Emails to book my Calendar?

• 23 October 2023
  • 2 replies

I get a lot of demo invites on my calendly links, but I want them to sign up on the demo using their professional mail ID, not personal GMAIL ID. How Can I do this?

TIA

Hello! This is a great question! Unfortunately we currently do not have a feature that allows you to block certain bookings based on email (or any other rules). This post might help you in taking some more control of who books with you: 

In the meantime I will make sure the team loops this feedback around to where it needs to be! We get questions like this a lot - you aren’t alone! Let me know if you need anything else. =) 

Hello again, @Mehuljindal18! I am back with exciting new information! You can achieve this goal using our Routing Forms. Routing forms let you request information such as industry, company size, specific interests, etc. from website visitors and automatically direct them to a specific scheduling or web page based on their responses. It's great for screening and qualifying sales leads on a website or matching clients or students to the booking page of the right subject-matter expert based on their interests, program, or other criteria. You can read more about setting up routing forms, here!

To ensure only qualified individuals with business email domains are able to schedule with you, establish routing logic to prevent non-business email domains, such as Gmail or Yahoo, from scheduling. Read more here, and below! 

1. Navigate to Routing Forms from your Calendly Home page.
  2. Select the Routing Form you'd like to edit or create a new Routing Form by selecting + New routing form.
  3. + Add a question to your intake form for Email Address and make it required.
    • You can edit the question to specifically state Business Email while creating the question or after by selecting the pencil icon.
      CleanShot
  4. From the Logic tab of your Routing Form, select + Create to create a new route.
  5. From IF, select your Business Email question. 
  6. In the next dropdown box, select includes domain, and add the domains you desire to include in the subsequent box. (i.e. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail)
  7. From GO TO, select Custom message to route the invitee to the custom message of your choice.
  8. Select Save.  
    CleanShot
  9. Drag and place the Business Email route at the top of your Routing Form logic. 
    CleanShot

I hope this helps!