Skip to main content
Question

How do I transition my availability to a new schedule starting on a future date?

• 30 January 2024
  • 3 replies

My clients book with me three months in advance. I need to adopt a new schedule starting four months from now. How can I get that schedule set up without disrupting my existing schedule, and without having to use the availability override feature for all future appointments? TIA

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey there, @Eric Zimmermann - great question, and thanks for posting! Firstly, check out our New User Guide - it’ll def prove helpful as you get used to the platform!

You have a couple of options, here.

1. You can create a secondary event type with its own schedule. This event type could be called, for example, “Same Name as Event 1: New Schedule” or “Same Name as Event 1: Booking Starting May 2024.” When creating this event type, you can set up the availability as you’ll need it four months from now and on - and make it so the first available dates are not until four months from now by appropriately setting the “date range” under your availability settings. 
  2. You can, as you mentioned, use “date specific hours” instead of “weekly availability” when setting up your Availability Schedule for your existing event type. 

I hope this helps!

Thank you, Kelsi. Option 1 is good for me but potentially confusing for clients, so I’ll probably go with option 2, though I’d prefer not to (time consuming to set up). For your suggestion box: it would be great if the availability feature could have starting and ending dates to accommodate this kind of shift within events. (Also, separate subject, I’d love it if I could put a cap on the total number of appointments that can be booked in one day across all events, rather than only on individual events.) Thanks again for your time and help.

Userlevel 7

Hey there again, @Erin35751 - thanks so much for your understanding and feedback! You are far from the first to mention an ability to set a max number of appointments a day, and we have included that feedback in our monthly product request report for our product team to look over. Your voice will add to the chorus! =) 

As far as the availability settings go, I will make sure to include that feedback as well. Thanks so much for giving it to us! I cannot make promises about if/when new features might be implemented but can tell you that our product team is always considering user feedback when working to improve Calendly as a whole. I hope you have a great day!