Skip to main content

We’ve all been there, right? I remember creating my first ever “website” (a blog on an early platform called Xanga) - and in doing so, choosing my first ever slug, or URL. And so, “xanga.com/bobcatkels” was born (an ode to my high school mascot, of course!). Time passed, we all grew to better understand how the World Wide Web works, and I realized I didn’t want to tell everyone that visited my blog where I went to school - but - there was no option to update that identifier. The slug was permanent. My URL was etched in the stone of the internet for all of eternity - unless I chose to delete my entire account, which I did. Then I had to start all over again (and I lost some pretty great poems dripping in teenage angst)! 

Let’s skip to the good part.

Just last week, a user asked me if they’d need to delete their Calendly account and start from scratch because they’d changed their business name and wanted their URL to reflect that. Imagine their excitement when I told them absoLUTELY not! and showed them right then and there how to change that Calendly URL! What’s that? You’d like to learn too? It’s your lucky day - see the video below! 

...and there you have it! Here are the steps in written form: 

Note

When you change the link within your account settings page, previously-shared links for all events will no longer work. 

1. At the upper right side of any Calendly page, click Account, then select Settings.
  2. Click My Link on the left.
  3. Change your link.
  4. Click Save Changes.

You can read more in our Help Center, here! Feel free to comment below with a story about your earliest days on the internet (or with questions about your Calendly URL)! 

when I try to change it it says unavailable. Please help   

when I try to change it it says unavailable. Please help   

Hey! I’m so sorry! When you see the “unavailable“ error in regards to a URL, this means that another Calendly user has already claimed this URL and you won’t be able to use it yourself. We recommend using the URL you would like to use and adding a unique identifier to it, like a dash or a number, or slightly changing it in some other way. 

1. At the upper right side of any Calendly page, click Account, then select Settings.
  3. Change your link.
  4. Click Save Changes.

I see Account, then apps or sign out after that. There is no settings.

Not too helpful. So How can I change my link address?

Something has changed with your website but the steps haven’t been updated

3. Change your link.
  4. Click Save Changes.

I see Account, then apps or sign out after that. There is no settings.

Not too helpful. So How can I change my link address?

Something has changed with your website but the steps haven’t been updated

Hey there! Sorry for the fact that this post hasn’t been updated/rewritten since the redesign launched! We are slowly working on updating everything as time goes. 

These steps are even more simplified now, though! All you need to do is click your profile picture in the top right corner of your account > click “My Link” > update your link from there > click “Save Changes” and you’re good to go! =) 

Click your profile picture in the top right corner > click “My Link”
Update link on this page and click “Save Changes” - you’re all set! 

If you are not seeing what is displayed in the first screenshot when clicking your profile picture: 

1. Clear your cache and cookies (steps below)
  2. Restart your browser/exit it and open it again
  3. If the issue persists, try an Incognito/Secret browsing window, and/or
  4. Try another browser all together
  5. If the issue persists, check your browser for updates, as well as your device (computer, phone, tablet)
  6. Run any/all updates, then restart your device
  7. If the issue persists, please let us know and include screenshots of what you are seeing so we can take a deeper look!

Clear Cache and Cookies (Click Link for Steps)

Browser Link for steps
Chrome https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache
Safari https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=69468
IE 11 https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141
Edge https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10607/microsoft-edge-view-delete-browser-history

Can this be done for individual events? I cloned an event and now the link to the clone includes the word clone - yes I changed the name of the event to remove the word clone but it remains in the link slug. thanks in advance for your help.

Hi @Kim20050!

Yep, you definitely can change the slug for individual events. In the event type editor, head on over to Booking page options. Right there at the top you’ll see the Event link with the URL field below it. Make your changes and be sure to hit Save and close down at the bottom.

@jillian  Is it possible for an administrator to update users URL links?

@jillian  Is it possible for an administrator to update users URL links?

Hey there! No -- this is not possible. You cannot change the account settings for your users. You can, however, update the links for the event types you create and assign them (team events, managed events). 

I hope this helps!

Hi there! I've gone through all the help articles related to changing the event link/URL, but the instructions don’t seem to match what I’m seeing.

Several threads mention: "In the event type editor, go to Booking page options. At the top, you'll see the Event link with the URL field below it. Make your changes and hit Save and close at the bottom."

However, I don't see an Event link or URL field on my event page at all, and this has been the case for months. It’s driving me crazy!

Is this a coding issue, a permissions issue, or something else entirely? For context, I’m the account owner, so if it’s permissions-related, I’d love some guidance on resolving that as I should have full access.

Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers!

Hi @this503girl!

Sorry we’re making you feel crazy. The URL update is available on one-on-one events, but not group or round robin events. I can’t tell from your screenshot, but given the lack of that field I’d say that’s the likely culprit!

Also, we’ve let our Product team know this is functionality our users want. No promises on if/when it will change, but they know!