Skip to main content

Hi there, 

I accidentally disconnected my Apple Calendar and now can't seem to add it back. I followed the steps outlined here:https://help.calendly.com/hc/en-us/articles/236174208-How-to-connect-your-iCloud-calendar#01H8CXEN5QAMQQNN4W3E6PX7B0, but the Apple iCloud icon isn't showing up as an option under 'Add Calendar Account.'

I've attached a screenshot for reference.

Does anyone know how to sync the iCloud calendar again?

Hi @David00552​,

That’s definitely not ideal. I did some digging and it sounds like we have an issue we’re looking into, so I have shared your post​ to be reviewed for unexpected activity. I have your post linked in our tracking system and we will update you as soon as we have more information.

Hi @David00552 

I came here hoping for an answer because the same thing has happened to me.

@jillian Did you find a solution? This is making Calendly utterly useless for me! Very frustrating. My fingers are crossed.

Hi,

I did the same, ie I cannot connect my iCloud calendars which relate to children sports with my Calendly. I would really appreciate an answer on this soonest. Thanks 

@jillian - can you please come back on this urgently. Many thanks 

Same issue: unable to add an iCloud calendar. Urgent issue. Thanks for looking into this as soon as possible.

@jillian  

Ok, now I’m furious. My iCloud calendar wasn’t working -- and then I found this, after trying to reconnect my iCloud calendar: 

As of August 20, 2024, Calendly no longer supports new connections to iCloud Calendar.

Existing connections will continue to work, but new users or those who have not previously set up an iCloud Calendar connection will not be able to do so. 📆

When integrating iCloud with Calendly - make sure to use an app-specific password instead of your Apple ID credentials.

You can learn more about how to generate an app-specific password by checking out the steps in this Apple Support article 👇

Using app-specific passwords

If the iCloud calendar icon isn't showing up in the Calendar Sync page, try refreshing the page or logging out and back into your account. If that doesn't work, check your iCloud settings to ensure everything is set up correctly.

Thanks, but as you see from my previous message, Calendly’s bot says, “

As of August 20, 2024, Calendly no longer supports new connections to iCloud Calendar.

Existing connections will continue to work, but new users or those who have not previously set up an iCloud Calendar connection will not be able to do so. 📆

That’s not something that will be fixed by refreshing.

@AJL2024 Sorry, I don’t have a solution for you. Just came here to vent - so frustrating!! I’m trying to understand WHY Calendly would cut out a giant portion of potential market by excluding Apple users. Seems weird – unless there is some licensing dispute between Apple and Calendly?? 

Returning to this to give you an update. First we want to validate the frustration that comes with an unexpected change and recognize that while iCloud may no longer be available for new users, it was never our intention to remove the iCloud connection method from existing users.

We’ve been working internally and have found a workable resolution. You can now connect your iCloud calendar to Calendly using the following link:

www.calendly.com/app/personal/availability/connected_calendars/icloud/new

If you have any issues with the link, please clear your browser’s cache and cookies, and try again. Should you still experience any difficulties, don’t hesitate to reach out. You can return here or reach out to support directly as they can diagnose your issue live via chat → Contact Customer Support

Sean,
Too little and far too late.

You removed a service that was important to some of your customers without bothering to notify them.

You allowed your customers to struggle with an unresponsive system and to seek solutions that you knew did not work.

You posted a cryptic notice in one place, but -- here in this forum -- did not acknowledge that you had taken away a connection that we relied on.

Technical glitches happen. This wasn’t a glitch -- and you haven’t bothered to explain why customers would lose a service they were paying for.

I found an alternative, cancelled my subscription, and got a partial refund for the subscription fees I paid -- and I imagine other Calendly customers who use iCloud did the same.

You broke trust with your customers, and you haven’t even had the courtesy to acknowledge this - and you make matters worse by blithely telling us that you’ve found a “workable” solution. Not good enough. Not by a long shot.