Skip to main content
Question

Legacy professional plan vs. current standard plan

• 4 June 2024
  • 5 replies

I just realized that my subscription is on the legacy “professional” plan, and I’m wondering if there’s any advantage to keeping this legacy plan vs. switching to the new “standard” plan? Thanks in advance! 😊

Hey there @cal-ai-user -- this is a great question that only you can answer for yourself! The Professional plan costs a bit more and also has a bit more functionality (routing forms, as an example). 

I am going to make some of the most noteworthy and obvious (to me!) comparisons between the two plans and you can go from there. Please note that if you choose to upgrade to a current Standard or Teams plan you will not be able to go back to your Professional (legacy) plan. 

Our Professional plan, which included additional integrations, is:

• $12/user/month (billed annually)
  • $15/user/month (billed monthly)

Professional
For those looking to add more users, automations, and integrations to their Calendly account.

• Connect up to 6 calendars
  • Automate and customize your end-to-end scheduling experience
  • Add routing forms to your website
  • Co-host meetings with external invitees
  • Access powerful integrations (e.g., PayPal, Stripe, Zapier, HubSpot)

Standard
Our Standard plan is:

• $10/user/month (billed annually)
  • $12/user/month (billed monthly)

For small teams or individuals with more sophisticated scheduling needs
Standard features include all Free features, plus

• Group and collective event types
  • Multiple calendars for availability and scheduling
  • Unlimited one-on-one event types
  • Reminders, reconfirmation requests and other workflows
  • Customizable branding and logos on your website
  • Hubspot, Paypal, Stripe, and 100s of integrations
  • Live chat support

This Help Center article goes over our legacy plans in more detail, and our Pricing Page goes over our current plans in more detail. 

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions and I’ll be here!

@Kelsi at Calendly Thanks so much! I did read those pages you linked, but the legacy page only compares the legacy plans to each other and the pricing page only compares the current plans to each other, so there is no place where I can see a comparison of the legacy professional plan vs. current standard plan. I guess my main questions are:

1. What features will I lose by transitioning from legacy professional to standard?
  2. What features will I gain by transitioning from legacy professional to standard?

Thanks in advance if you could help me with those questions! 😊

Hey there again, @cal-ai-user -- I totally understand and I’m happy to help break it down for you! 

There is not a big list of differences between the two plans when you take the time to look back and forth between the functionality of each! The big function/tool you’d be losing if you moved to our Standard plan would be Calendly Routing Forms. Routing with Calendly Forms is available on the Professional plan and not the Standard plan. It is also available on the Teams plan.

Another big thing to note is the price difference. The standard plan is considerably more affordable!

There is nothing major you’d gain in function or features, moving to Standard. Keep in mind that we used to have several tiers of paid plans and now have two (Standard and Teams). The Standard plan was Calendly’s way of simplifying former options and offering a better price point, so if you were on the legacy “Essentials” plan it would be an “upgrade” and if you come from the legacy “Professional” plan, it’s a bit of a lateral-move, other than giving up Routing Forms (if you use them), in which case considering an upgrade to our Teams plan would be better (and that does come with a LOT more, function and features wise)!

I hope this helps!

Thank you @Kelsi at Calendly, this is a super helpful breakdown! Somehow I’m only paying $10.75 / month (not $12) for my legacy professional plan, so I’ll explore more about routing forms and decide if it’s worth the extra $0.75 to me! 😊 Thanks again for being super helpful!

You are super welcome, @cal-ai-user -- so happy to help! We’ll be here if you need us, again. 🤗