Skip to main content
Solved

Migrating from iCloud to Google Calendar without sending out notifications for past events

• 23 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello! I’m in the process of moving all my calendars from iCloud to Google Calendars. 

(For each calendar I’m exporting an .ics file from Calendar on desktop, then importing it to Google online, then deleting the iCloud calendar.)

All’s working fine so far but I’ve now come to the iCloud calendar that Calendly adds meetings to. I’ve done some testing by setting meetings up with myself and it looks like if I migrate my ‘Add to’ calendar, everyone from the past who booked with my through Calendly will get a notification that the meeting has been cancelled.

Is that really what will happen? If I disconnect my iCloud calendar from Calendly, will that stop it happening? Any advice or clarity would be much appreciated!

Hi @Peter86234!

Hmm. I feel like us people providing answers probably shouldn’t say this very often, but I’m stumped. This is a great question and as someone who accidentally emailed 37 past Calendly invitees last week (different scenario entirely, but same level of 😅), I can very much appreciate the caution and thoughtful proceeding.

Give me a few days to see if I can track down an answer and I’ll let you know what I find out!

That’s very helpful @jillian, if only because it reassures me that I haven’t missed a glaringly obvious solution! Do report back if you’re able, and thanks for looking into it. 

Hey there @Peter86234 - jumping in for Jillian, here!

Yes - if you delete all of your event types from your current “add to” calendar - if you have chosen to “sync cancellations” - then this will also cancel the events within Calendly and all of your invitees will be notified of those cancellations. (If their meeting times are in the future! Past bookings will not receive any notice). Note: deleting your events from the calendar they were originally pushed to will be interpreted as “cancelling” them. 

However, if you do not have “sync cancellations” selected or if you go turn it off before you delete these events from your add-to calendar, you will not have that issue. 

See my short walkthrough below (video - sorry about the background noise towards the middle!) to understand further - and be careful! If you follow these steps you should be golden! 🙂 Good luck and happy Saturday!