Skip to main content
Question

No Show Triggers for Zaps or Workflow

• 5 January 2024
  • 5 replies

How do I trigger a workflow, follow up email or zapier action when we mark an event as a "no-show"?

I want to be able to send an automatic email either from a calendly workflow or inside my Active Campaign account when someone no-shows their appointment.

Hey there @Aaron54183 - great question!

Right now, Workflows in Calendly are their own entity that are connected to event types. This means they are triggered to be sent when an event is scheduled, or, when you tell them to send in relation to that scheduled event’s start time (one hour after booking, one hour before start time, 24 hours after ending for example). There is not currently a way to set up a workflow to trigger based on any other criteria. I’m sorry for the inconvenience! 

Check out our Help Center article about no-show workflows here. Learn more about workflows in general at the hyperlink above where I typed “workflows.” I hope this helps!

Hey there @Aaron54183 - great question!

Right now, Workflows in Calendly are their own entity that are connected to event types. This means they are triggered to be sent when an event is scheduled, or, when you tell them to send in relation to that scheduled event’s start time (one hour after booking, one hour before start time, 24 hours after ending for example). There is not currently a way to set up a workflow to trigger based on any other criteria. I’m sorry for the inconvenience! 

Check out our Help Center article about no-show workflows here. Learn more about workflows in general at the hyperlink above where I typed “workflows.” I hope this helps!

Got it thanks.
I looked at the help article about no shows already. it doesn’t answer my question.

I want to trigger an automated email to people who “no show”. They don’t deserve the time it takes to manually do it lol!
and when people no show, especially, for a sales call, it’s important to follow up with them as it could be a mistake or computer/link problem.

Is there a way to trigger a zap on zapier when an event is marked as “no show”?
There’s an active campaign integration too, but it doesn’t seem to have this option either.
Seems like it should be an easy(ish) code to integrate and I’m sure an important and highly requested feature.​​​​​​​

Hey @Aaron54183!

So right now there isn’t any trigger - either in product or through Zapier - for no shows, so while I absolutely share your sentiment that no-shows don’t (usually) deserve the time to manually do it - it has to be somewhat manual right now. Product actively has this on the roadmap and they’re working on some better solutions.

For now, a workaround others have had some success with is using the scheduled events export on a regular basis to trigger actions through Zapier. For example, export the report into Google Sheets, copy/paste into existing tracker sheet, trigger on new rows with no-show’s. There’s a little bit on that over here. If you need any extra help, let me know!

Calendly is lacking in some basic features. This is one that's been discussed for a year through varies forums, can you provide the feature request so we can vote on this? 

Hi @BL20432!

Ideation like you’re mentioning is on the community roadmap, but for now comments like this actually do act as votes. I’m the one who gathers up literally every single piece of product feedback and feature request from Calendly Community each month and brings it to our ‘Voice of Customer’ round up. So I promise: your feedback absolutely gets heard!

One thing that really helps in my feedback round up is having context from our customers on what they need, why they need it, and the impact it would have. No pressure to share, but it’s super welcome.

Thanks!