Skip to main content

One-off meetings: make the Event Name the calendar event name by default!

• 20 July 2024
  • 1 reply

I wanted to reiterate the issue raised by another user at the link below as the reason I also don’t think I can use Calendly. 

I work in private equity investor relations and need to schedule anywhere from 20-50 meetings per week. The typical scheduling process in my line of business is (1) I or my Associate emails an invitee 3 meeting time options, (2) the invitee replies to that email stating their preference, (3) my Associate sends the invitee a calendar invite with a necessarily formulaic calendar event name for CRM-tracking purposes - something like “2pm ET | Intro Call: Inviter Co. (My Name) <> Invitee Co. (Invitee Name).”   

It would be SO HELPFUL, if for one-off meetings, you could just make the Event Name the name of the calendar invite by default!  That alone makes the service unusable for me because “Invitee Name and Inviter Name” is not at all helpful for someone who regularly has back-to-back days of meetings on various topics.

1 reply

Userlevel 6

Hi @MFD,

Thanks for linking to that thread as it helps us know you’re aware of the workaround we would have suggested (one-on-one event time with suggested time blocks). I don’t know of any shippable progress around this quite yet, but will certainly go check with the Product team and report back!