Skip to main content
Question

Option to override round robin on case-by-case basis?

Hello - If we have a team event type using the Round Robin setting is there any ability from the team calendar to schedule with one specific team member on a case-by-case basis versus the round robin setting selecting the the team member? Or is the only option to reschedule the event and choose that team member after scheduling?

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey there @Stephanie61650 -- great question!

Round Robin Event Types will not ever allow for intentionally selecting a host in the booking flow. This is because Round Robin ETs are designed to fairly distribute bookings to multiple teammates (hosts). However, you have found a decent workaround in rescheduling and selecting a host, that way. I hope this info is helpful! 

Let me provide you with some more useful information regarding managing teams and team events in Calendly:

We have plenty of resources for you to learn about creating a team and setting up team events! The first step is adding your desired team members to your account from your Admin Management page. Then, you can set up a team page. Your team page will have all of your events specific to that team: round robin or collective.

Round Robin events will allow your invitees to book an appointment at any time at least one assigned team member is available. Collective  events allow invitees to book an appointment when all assigned team members are available. You can also take advantage of Admin Managed Events and Shared Event Types! Click all of the hyperlinks to learn more about each of these features. Keep in mind: you cannot create a true one-on-one ET on a team page, but you can use a Round Robin or Collective event as a one-on-one. Read more here

If you'd like a more thorough breakdown of the team features, check out this recording that walks through the basics of using Calendly with your team.

Check out these resources, too!

Lastly, our Company Admin Guide is super useful while you learn the ropes. 

Let us know if you need anything else! 🤗

@Kelsi at Calendly thanks so much for the quick response and details! Which Calendly users would be able to reschedule an event? Only admin users? Only the assigned host? I’m trying to determine how this will work with a call center scheduling appointments using Calendly team calendars. How could I make sure that a call center user could reschedule or limit their ability to do so? Thanks!

Userlevel 7

Hey there again @Stephanie61650 -- glad you’re back! It was my pleasure to respond the first time, of course, as it is now! 🙂

Great questions - let’s dig into them! 🕵🏽

To your inquiries regarding rescheduling and otherwise managing bookings: 

• users can reschedule their own booked event types
  • users cannot access or reschedule booked event types on behalf of other users (“admin” level is required for this)
  • the owner/admins are able to cancel/reschedule bookings for users, be those team events such as Round Robin Event Types and/or Collective Event Types on a Team Page, the users’ individual event types, and/or Admin Managed Events
  • the owner/admins of the Calendly organization have the ability to view all users, teams and groups + manage those users/teams/groups at any time
  • individual event types (one-on-one and group ETs that are created under a user’s individual account name) are managed at the user level
  • there is not a way (natively, in Calendly) to limit users from rescheduling their own bookings
    • availability, while able to be input/managed by admins on some (team and admin managed) event types, is still ultimately always able to be managed at the user level first and foremost (read more here: Availability Schedules)
    • users will always see all of their own upcoming bookings when going to “scheduled events” > “upcoming” 
    • users will always be able to click on the details of a scheduled upcoming event and cancel or reschedule 
    • users will always manage their own Calendar Sync pages, where they are able to select what calendars are checked for conflicts etc. 

Regarding how to ensure a call center user can reschedule their own bookings, it’s as simple as the info I shared about this, above! If one of your users needs to reschedule an upcoming event for any reason, they’ll simply head to their “scheduled events” tab > “upcoming” > “details” > “cancel” or “reschedule”

The “scheduled events” tab > “details” of a booked event > the “cancel” and “reschedule” options that exist at the user level for all upcoming scheduled events

Below, you’ll find more valuable resources about managing teams, multi-person scheduling and more: 

I hope this all proves helpful! Let me know if you have further questions as you work on setting up your team in Calendly. Have fun! 🍀