Skip to main content
Question

Outlook Category

• 15 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Is there a way to have a category assigned to a meeting when its added to my outlook calendar.  I’d like to set the category depending on which event is chosen.

Hi @c-wych,

That's a great question! At this time, Calendly created events are not able to be automatically assigned to different Outlook color categories. This sounds like a great feature to have though and I have looped this to our product team. Hopefully, this is something we’ll be able to add in the future! 

In the meantime, if you would like to better see which event is booked at-a-glance, you can update your calendar event title(s) to include the event name first. Here’s how you can do this in your account: 

1. In your event type settings, open up the “Communications” section
  2. Click the three vertical dots next to your main booking notification and select “edit”.

1. Note: At this time, the calendar event title can only be customized for event types that use Calendar Invitations as the notification method. If you are using Email Confirmations, you can update this by clicking the three vertical dots, selecting “edit” and then clicking “Switch to calendar invite”

3. You can then add a variable for “Event Name” at the beginning of your calendar event.  

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach back out!