Skip to main content
Question

Round Robin events with Host logic

• 7 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi,

We use Round Robin events for our client training sessions. We have about 100 event types in total for them to choose from. The people assigned to each of those event types will vary based on their area of expertise.

I want a feature where I can create ‘skills’ for the team members. We could designate which host can speak Spanish, which host can lead Government calls, etc.This way when customers book, we can ensure they are only looking at the availability for people who meet the criteria. 

Currently I have to make separate pages which duplicate the exact same events but with a subset of the pool of hosts, which is quite difficult to manage. Its becoming an issue on where to show the pages as well. 

I could see having the customer answer custom questions when they try to book the event that would lead them to use the bucket of hosts with a particular skill.

Hey there @Rebecca15817 -- thanks for your post!

I totally understand what you mean and need, here. This is a great use case example of why our Calendly Routing Forms are such an excellent tool for so many Calendly Customers!

Routing forms let you request information such as industry, company size, specific interests, etc. from website visitors and automatically direct them to a specific scheduling or web page based on their responses. It's great for screening and qualifying sales leads on a website or matching clients or students to the booking page of the right subject-matter expert based on their interests, program, or other criteria. You can read more about setting up routing forms, here!

With your use case, using routing forms could look something like: 

• you create a Round Robin Event Type for each respective skill/set of skills and assign the appropriate hosts to those ETs
  • you create a routing form and add questions for invitees to answer, such as, “do you need a Spanish speaking host?” and, “will this be a government call?” (examples based on your own)
  • you then create routing logic that follows an “if, and” pathway > each route you set up results in landing on a different event type
  • invitees answer the questions, and the routing logic ensures they are sent directly to the appropriate event type for booking
  • you share your routing form link or embed the routing form on your website instead of your teams booking page

You can read more about setting up and using routing forms for teams below: 

You can also check out our Company Admin Guide. It’s got tons of tips + tricks to help you best utilize the tools and automations available within Calendly in your team environment.

Good luck - and let us know if you have more questions! We’ll be here! 

Hi Kelsey,

Thank you for the reply, we use Team Link Pages, which makes using your recommended approach challenging. 

Any other ideas? Or maybe something can be brought to the product team? We are happy to show what we have done and the challenges we have.

Hey @Rebecca15817 -- thanks for the followup! Do you mind explaining what a “Team Link Page” is and why that specifically makes using routing forms challenging? Perhaps I can help you figure it out!

Also -- have you looked into our Company Admin Guide, and checked out features like Groups? These articles go over multi-person scheduling and the different functions/tools we have that make it simpler: 

Perhaps you could: 

• Use groups to sort your hosts by skill (each team member can be put into multiple groups)
  • Refer to groups to know which hosts to assign to each Round Robin ET
  • Use routing forms on the invitee-experience end in order to properly route invitees to the correct Round Robin ETs

I am throwing noodles at the wall in the form of ideas for you, here -- you certainly know best what will work for your team!

I do hope this helps at least somewhat. I hope to get some more context, gain a better understanding and hopefully help further!

Also - I am of course happy to loop your product feedback back to the product team for you. I cannot make promises about if or when any changes might be implemented, though. I’m sorry! That said -- depending on what we figure out here, I might be able to help facilitate a discussion with support in which you get to go over more ideas for your use case on your current plan. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!