Skip to main content

I share my link with clients to book a Google Meets meeting. It populates on my Google calendar. Once the meeting is over, but while I am still talking to the client, I get them on the calendar for a follow up time/date. To do this I edit the existing Google Meets invitation and send that out with the new date/time. However, there are no reminders that go out to the invitee once that is edited. I can set up notifications, but those only go to me.

How can I get reminders to the invitee on an edited meeting invitation (I  do have reminders set up in work flow from the original meeting link they book on).

Thank you!!

Hey there @Lara44312 -- thanks for your post!

This is unfortunately not something that we can help you with, as once you edit that meeting and move on from there it’s officially a Google thing, not a Calendly thing!

The original booking through Calendly is the only booking that any Workflows (email or SMS) set up will apply to. You would have to book via Calendly again for those reminders to be set in place for the invitee as well.

There is not going to be a way to set up reminders within Google Meet that are connected to Calendly. I am not sure if there is a way to do what you are hoping to do within Google Meet and was not able to find out via searching for you (I did try!). That said, you can head over to Google Meet community or contact their support team to find out more! 

I hope this helps! Good luck. 

Hi Kelsi,

Thanks for your reply. Is there a way to schedule the invitee again with Calendly, rather than editing the Google calendar after the initial meeting, but using a different event type? ie the first meeting is named “introduction”, the next meeting I want to schedule is named “follow up”. Does that make sense? Thanks!

Hey again @Lara44312 --  makes total sense!

In this case you would want to create a second event type and then, after meeting with your invitee, go ahead and book them using their details.

Alternatively, you can set up a redirect on your first event type that sends the invitee to the second event type. Use different availability (date specific hours, for example) to set available dates that are X amount of time out from their booking. You can also use our Customize Once and Share feature for this purpose, or our One-Off Meeting type!

I hope this helps!

Thank you, Kelsi!