Skip to main content
Question

Sync Problems With Apple Calender

• 17 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Hey you guys,

Calendly seems to act unreliable and random in my setup. I have apple calender connected with reapeating events (Guitar students) throughout the week.
If a student cancels one of those lessons, the spot should be available for others students who are on a waiting list and they should be able to book the date.
Here is the problem: I remove the the date (student get’s ill or something) and now calendly does not display this spot as a free slot most of the sime. But somtimes it does. I tried to troubleshoot it via the help-page, but that led to nowhere.
What I do know: There is a “busy/free” feature only available on the iPhone Calendar, which influences the display of free spots. But if I remove a spot from the calender, this spot is lost forver in the void, no matter if I add a new one and change it to “free”.

Does anybody have an idea?

Hey there @Musik13024 - thanks for your post and the thorough detail!

It sounds like you’ve already taken quite a few troubleshooting steps while referring to our Help Center documentation on iCloud Calendar > Calendly. I’m sorry that hasn’t resulted in the issue being fixed, yet. 

I am going to include some more info for you to look over and steps to try, and if that doesn’t work, I suggest reaching out to our support team for more personalized troubleshooting. They are available 24/7 via live chat and you can reach them this way by clicking “chat now” when logged into your Calendly account.

Okay - here we go!

Firstly, steps to take: 

• disconnect and reconnect your iCloud Calendar on your “calendar sync” page -- sometimes this connection “breaks” and it’s as simple as re-establishing it
  • review the info below and take any steps outlined there

If Calendly is showing you as “busy” due to your iCloud Calendar but there is no “busy” event on your iCloud Calendar at that time: 

Can you use the One-off Meeting feature in Calendly to take a look at your calendar for that date/time? ​

one-off.gif

Next, can you send a screenshot of what you see there for that date/time (you can blur out personal info if needed)? This should help us identify what event(s) in your iCloud calendar are causing this. For example:

image.png

​​If any events appear there: are these past events in your calendar — and specifically, may these have been recurring events? We have seen some odd behavior with recurring events in iCloud where times are blocked, even though the event is no longer recurring. To attempt to resolve this, can you search for this event in your iCloud calendar? If you are able to locate this event, can you delete the original occurrence? Once you've done so, is this time still unavailable on your booking page, and/or in the "One-off meeting" menu?

Let me know! Looking forward to hearing back from you!