Skip to main content
Solved

Why won't Calendly accept my iCloud credentials when attempting to connect my iCloud Calendar?

• 28 August 2023
  • 2 replies

I am navigating to my Calendar Connection page and selecting ‘iCloud,’ then following the prompts to connect my iCloud Calendar. Each time I enter my password, I am met with an error. Why can’t I connect my iCloud Calendar? It seems so easy! 

You can connect to iCloud from your Calendar Connection page. Keep in mind, the iCloud calendar integration is not the same as an Apple Calendar/iCal integration, although we've noticed many people mix them up! Since iCal/Apple Calendar is simply a user interface, it is not possible for Calendly to integrate with Apple Calendar/iCal at this time.

To connect an iCloud calendar to your Calendly account, visit your Calendar Connection page and enter your Apple ID. Apple now requires the use of an app-specific password to connect to third-party applications. This is likely where you were running into an issue! This password is not the password that you use to log into your Apple ID, but rather is a password you generate specifically for connecting your iCloud Calendar to Calendly! You will generate the password using the steps below, then copy it from your AppleID page into your Calendly account, and get connected! 

To retrieve your app-specific password:
1. Sign in to AppleID.com
2. Enable two-factor authentication, if you have not done so already
3. Generate an app-specific password
4. Copy the password and return to the Calendar Connection page to complete the connection

Keep in mind, turning on two-factor authentication is permanent and dramatically improves the security of your Apple devices.

You should be all set! 🤗

I changed my Apple ID password. Calendly cannot connect. I followed the steps to create the app-specific password in ICloud but Calendly is not accepting that and gives me an error message. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so how have you gotten past Calendly’s refusal to accept the app-specfic password? Thanks.