Question

Zoom meeting name confidentiality issue

My calendly is linked to zoom so when a meeting’s booked it automatically schedules the call and sends the details out to the client.

I prefer to use my personal meeting room so that the details are the same each time, however this then causes a confidentiality issue if I have back to back meetings because the zoom call that’s scheduled always contains the name of the person that booked the meeting. If I’m still on that call when the next client joins the waiting room, they will see the meeting name with the previous client’s name.

The only workaround I can find right now is to change the zoom setting so that it doesn’t use my personal meeting room and therefore each meeting has a unique code etc. This works but isn’t ideal. Is there anyway to adjust the zoom integration with calendly so that it DOESN’T include the name of the person that booked the meeting in the zoom meeting name?

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello, @Chris85314 - great question!
At this time, there isn’t much we can do to help with this - while I really wish there was! The information that Zoom displays within Zoom meetings is not adjustable from within Calendly. 

However - the title of your bookings is what’s truly being displayed, correct? If that’s the case - you can adjust this if you are using Calendar Invitations (not Email Confirmations). All you have to do is change the title of your Calendar Invitations. This will then be how they are displayed on your calendar and your invitee’s Calendar - and hopefully within Zoom as well - but no guarantee there. (You can use variables, choose not to include the invitee’s name in the title and so on.)

Using your PMI for meetings does tend to cause some complications, and those complications are different for different users - it’s a pros/cons situation regarding whether or not to use a newly generated link for each booking or stick with your PMI. I understand that can be frustrating - and I’m sorry! Right now, swapping over from PMI to individual links is the only true solution from Calendly’s end - the rest lies with Zoom. I suggest reaching out to them to discuss this with them, too! You can find their community here

Userlevel 7

Another thing to add: my colleague @jillian dug into this with another user here in Community, recently. Check it out below! 

Thanks for the advise.