How I use Calendly

• 3 November 2023
  • 6 replies

I use Calendly to allow students to schedule success coaching appointments with professional coaches. My students love the ease of selecting their appointments online and receiving all of the necessary information without ever having to talk to anyone!

6 replies

Userlevel 6

Hey @Brianne53772,

That’s great! I’m all for intelligently selecting when and where to use speaking-to-people energy and love that Calendly helps us do this.

Tell us more about the event types you use. Can students pick which coach they want to work with through one-on-one event types or do you leverage Round Robins to get students to coaches faster and distribute the appointments more evenly?

Hi Jillian,

Yes! My students will always opt for the path that allows them to keep their energy for more in-depth conversations. 

We use Round Robins for the exact reason you mentioned. Students usually realize they need to be coached much later than they actually need support, so we want them to have as many options as possible when selecting a time. After the initial appointment we then give our students a personalized event link so they can book any subsequent appointments with the same coach, if they so choose. 

Userlevel 3

Hey @Brianne53772 I haven’t had cause to use Round Robins, but it sounds like you’ve found a great use for them. 

As for me, I use Calendly every day for my consultancy and fractional CCO work. I have a number of event types ranging from introductory meetings, quick brainstorms, longer jam sessions, billable sessions (integrated with Slack) and custom events. I make tons of use of the polling feature. I don’t think my life would be nearly as easy without having Calendly as a means of cutting through all of the back and forth emails I used to have to bother with!

Userlevel 7

Hey @Brianne53772 I haven’t had cause to use Round Robins, but it sounds like you’ve found a great use for them. 

As for me, I use Calendly every day for my consultancy and fractional CCO work. I have a number of event types ranging from introductory meetings, quick brainstorms, longer jam sessions, billable sessions (integrated with Slack) and custom events. I make tons of use of the polling feature. I don’t think my life would be nearly as easy without having Calendly as a means of cutting through all of the back and forth emails I used to have to bother with!

LOVE to read this, Todd! While it makes sense that you aren’t using Round Robins for this, I am interested to know what event types you are using! One-on-ones? Group Event Types

Are you integrated with Stripe or Paypal to accept payments for any of the event types you have? 

I am always interested to hear about our users and their use cases in Calendly! 

Userlevel 3

Hi @KelsiEllie, y’know I’ve mostly found the one-on-ones to be the most effective way forward with clients. Introducing multiple invitees often invites chaos. It has been better for me to invite one member of a client’s team, the point person, and then add others to invite once they’ve coordinated internally. 

I could see myself using the group events types, but it just hasn’t been needed yet.

And, yes, I am using Stripe integrated for an event type that is a billable hour of my time. I haven’t yet had any takers but I can see the day coming!

Userlevel 7

Hi @KelsiEllie, y’know I’ve mostly found the one-on-ones to be the most effective way forward with clients. Introducing multiple invitees often invites chaos. It has been better for me to invite one member of a client’s team, the point person, and then add others to invite once they’ve coordinated internally. 

I could see myself using the group events types, but it just hasn’t been needed yet.

And, yes, I am using Stripe integrated for an event type that is a billable hour of my time. I haven’t yet had any takers but I can see the day coming!

Oh! I hope that you do eventually use Group Event Types and come back to tell us how you like them! I also love that you see “the day coming” that you’ll get bookings using our Stripe integration. How exciting! 

Are you aware that you can allow the “point” person booking a one-on-one with you to add up to ten additional guests at the time of booking? They can enter email addresses for these additional guests when booking so that those guests are informed of the meeting and can join, as well! Let me know if you want more info!