Question

COOKIE Banner - How to edit text and display ?

• 3 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello there.

How to edit the text and display of the cookie banner when my calendly is embedded in my website ?

WHen users browse my website on their smartphone, the cookie banner totally hide the calendly block, which is absolutely not convenient.

I browsed the faq section but I can only change MY cookie preferences.

See snapshot

1 reply

Hey @Appellemado,

If you have Calendly embedded on your website, the cookie banner will show by default within the frame of the page that Calendly loads. Without making any changes to your website, the banner keeps you compliant with privacy regulations worldwide (GDPR, CCPA, etc.) when users visit your page and interact with the Calendly widget.

Hiding the cookie banner in your Calendly embed

Calendly does provide the option for you to hide the cookie banner as a configurable property when embedding your Calendly booking page on your website (see steps below). However, by hiding the banner, your site takes responsibility in managing customer preferences to remain compliant with global privacy regulations. When Calendly is embedded, and the banner is hidden, Calendly will still use cookies. Therefore, our recommendation is to prevent Calendly from loading unless users have opted into performance cookies.

How to hide the cookie banner on your existing embed code:

1. If you've already embedded Calendly on your website, access your Calendly embed code from the HTML editor on your site.
  2. In your embed code, add the following parameter to your Calendly link: hide_gdpr_banner=1

The final code will look something like this:

<div class="calendly-inline-widget" data-url="https://calendly.com/YOUR_EVENT?hide_gdpr_banner=1" style="min-width:320px;height:630px;"></div><script type="text/javascript" src="https://assets.calendly.com/assets/external/widget.js"></script>

How to hide the cookie banner when creating new embed code for your site:

Follow the steps in Embedding Calendly on your site. Make sure to select Hide Cookie Banner before copying the code.

New_hide_cookie_banner.png

Hope that helps!