Skip to main content

My Title may be confusing; here’s the context.

I’m project managing user research interviews. I have 4 different internal staff who will conduct the interviews, with differing availability slots. I’m sending invites out to 50+ potential interviewees.

I want the potential interviewees to be able to select time(s) that work for them, then I can assign the correct interviewer and send out the invite. I do not want any additions or changes to the calendar to notify people who’ve already selected potential dates.

I thought the meeting poll was the way to do this, but I was wrong. 😇

Is there a way to do this with Calendly?

Thanks in Advance,

Chris

Hi @Christina77456

I may be missing some important details but this sounds like what Round Robins were designed for. In this instance, your four staff members would be added as co-hosts to a Round Robin meeting and the interviewees would pick a time which works for them. The Round Robin meeting would then assign host duties to whoever is available. Round Robins have the option of divvying up those meetings based on different levels of importance that you, as an administrator, can control. In regards to your need to not notify people of additional changes to the calendar, I’m working from the assumption that these folks already took a poll and signed up for times but have yet to schedule a meeting. In this instance, I would go ahead and manually schedule those folks. Hopefully this isn’t too cumbersome. When you schedule a meeting however, the invitees will be notified. This is just how the system is set up and normally people will be notified internally that something has changed on their calendar. Calendly is a tool that just sits on top of peoples’ digital calendars and schedules meetings. Calendly cannot control internal calendar settings like notifications and privacy. 

Another way to go about what you’ve described is to create four different One-On-One event types and assign each to a team member. Then you could create a Routing Form to help your interviewees navigate to the right team member. In this instance you would still have to manually create meetings for each invitee who has already responded to your poll. 

If you have any additional questions or if I’ve misinterpreted something, please return here and we will get you going in the right direction. I’m leaving a few resources below about Round Robins, Meeting Polls, Routing Forms, and Notifications. 

How to Set Up a Round Robin Team Event

12 Days of Calendly, Day 12: NEW! Host Pools for Collective and Round Robin Events

Getting started with meeting polls

Getting Started with Routing Forms

Calendly Invitee Notifications

Thanks, Sean! You weren’t missing anything, this is exactly what I was looking for. My only problem now is that when I try to change the Schedule settings (because I want to have only specific times and dates available), I get an error: “There is an error in this section.”

@Christina77456, I would first use the Troubleshooting Tool → Using Calendly's Troubleshoot Tool

And if that is a dead end you can reach out to our customer support team as they can diagnose your issue live via chat → Contact Customer Support

Thank you - I think I didn’t quite know what to pay attention to with the initial welcome trainings. Know that I’m better situated in my role, I think I might go back and attend again! :)