12 Days of Calendly, Day 12: NEW! Host Pools for Collective and Round Robin Events

• 15 December 2023
  • 2 replies
12 Days of Calendly, Day 12: NEW! Host Pools for Collective and Round Robin Events
Userlevel 4
  • Community Manager
  • 49 replies

🎼On the twelfth day of Calendly, my community gave to me: advanced multi-person scheduling, finally!🎼

Welcome to the 12 Days of Calendly, a series of guideposts where we give you the gift of product knowledge and understanding!

Welcome to the final festive day of our fun-fact-frenzy! We’ve had a blast curating topics for you over the past 12 days and hope that you feel more informed and equipped than ever to maximize your usage of Calendly and simplify your scheduling. Happy dance!

c4seOCN7WO0-gsIUI3lRoquxdVSyOWE6DDplgQTDGVJByb2HqaI6ulHDW8Z2sEM_c8zKg7jxt2Eftz5qkOc4RPABEJ88wzyLy-eli5fXkqhydDT3yHS5QThqGkQ22RVG8e03j_9i7y1-gpz6Rp4kdWw

In case you missed it, Kelsi’s article yesterday went over some of the most helpful Calendly integrations and I highly recommend checking that one out hereToday I have the pleasure of going over a very cool new feature that we’ve had in the works for a while now– Host Pools for Round Robin or Collective Event types.

Who can use this?

Host pools for Collective and Round Robin event types are available to users on our Teams and Enterprise plans.

To learn about the features in each plan, feel free to check out our pricing page!

What are Host Pools for Round Robin and Collective Event Types?

Host pools allow you to create multi-person events with a mix of “host(s) that will always attendand a “rotating pool” of other hosts.

Examples of when you could use a host pool in a Round Robin or Collective event type:

• A product demo with the Account Executive and a Sales Engineer
    • A meeting where a specific Account Executive would always attend, and a Sales Engineer will be assigned from a Round Robin pool.
  • A panel interview with a specific hiring manager, as well as a team leader, and a peer.
    • The hiring manager would always attend, and the team leader and peer would be assigned from two different Round Robin pools.  

How Do I Create a host pool in my Round Robin or Collective Event Type?

You may have noticed from my previous articles that I ✨adore✨ team page event types, but for now, host pools are only available in Shared event types

To create an event type with host pools, here are the steps you’ll want to follow:

1. From your Calendly homepage, click ‘+ Create’ and select ‘Event type’ as shown below.
    TEA0JMSO-_aZwQe2Qj6nBJSButOP75qTPmHubVZ8f3sK_pR_BeMwbhr8-98kl2AlJlMEalt1MpQXoPaVw38UeD-I5WZeJvSmA6snIYK3mjb-oqeD-wTI7S1RntGAdiFJmAzPieEKT8mRiAicfrFc3RY

2. Select ‘Round Robin’ or ‘Collective’ as your event type format.

For this example, I will be selecting ‘Round Robin’.

DPXA31BnF0fYIalAaNkWaxOPi2lfd-cMSqHoP3RPugf_NCt9ZenlX2LQ0TBUS8q_VB3lm_fEdaedI9a4RTTQdAcKcXx9YPYh0AJifOBWeAdWuQW7BAd6OaWDbMSYt1_IOin_4zyF7MDxjSaz21FYT0A

3. After creating the event, you will automatically pull into the available round robin hosts (You can edit this later, keep reading 😋).
    1HG-fvXTmwupUuWzr3yP_r_8CwYVXX_yhCNrprhs9tVGaxC40J3_mu6xwThhM_JLZ0Wmfm49has3hDOeOwGG3DUtS76IxHzmazF5Vrcy0ftkE_jwYzyzP6vCJrtSKiVODxEOp-Ng8EUVmpw2vdnT6cI

4. To set the host(s) that you wish to always attend, add their names under ‘Hosts’ where it indicates “Add hosts and round robin pools” as shown below.
    cNws2UNZpx2Bk7oqyNkoUso658AQNo7wQ11lILSHE_lpVsTigMuwUNsHGqu-e10xOa00HuhrzquvOesdpJKW4RRaKqrZzC3itJ56Ad1I730O9fuHX-HEXScl_CzOyj51HIz-uxpRamrfXiZ-E_lKSdA
    For context, these will be the hosts that must be available in order for the event type to be bookable.

5. To add the hosts you wish to “round robin” with the required host(s), select ‘+ Add Round Robin hosts to pool’, as shown below.
    BWZghEqTIvUbwlcG2CEUzIIkRUIbDsaGt0CXZVah69LlHfo7sLc15iNjmDSy8Cn_3M7LGpYaEy3QQvC4nrdA-QrtMMX65h_1XYYZb1Vth1eDmpHw6abpi9M7LAx8VYMbZC1npHbVuaPmmg_NjVqFnJw
    ▶️ This is where you will have the option to remove yourself as an available round robin host, if desired. 
    2rSyApbhVrFC2L_AlqsTddrSbxwxDnyFC-7tO51--nOsyjVrfF2uUHogY78sIbUsfO9jNY7V4CZtGaCyggtt8JNL0-TADp1np6RohIfBbmqc-qEUptKGiNRqGMAzFYOYHgqhv1MoLrxOv5ET1Yh3yo8
  6. If you want to add additional round robin pools, you can do so by clicking ‘Add hosts and round robin pools’ again and selecting ‘+ Create a round robin pool’ as shown below.
    210dVZGvsWfzYbTeLKOsGd95lXia5PHlx4vuEyR3iTozEVwo5WYrFuB-WlzBrWeHqRvasTe5R3lKaPGrKIxFzQTzeADwdikTcbbAoeZ5EdZ2vNcZXAgzLTT5N2zhE2NlxD5abJE-r9c5hZskmMpIE7o
    In the example event type shown below, I have set myself to always attend meetings that I will co-host with two other team members—one from each of the round-robin pools I have configured.
    zSImynN1D8CUevhyFB6Xi651mzRsacsSQRNrXpANymOvG3XiRo95LDB0xEqZz3wOfpAOV_9UMoa86Md3_AtYYnzcmeFEvN63EbMcTMkgsUvlwKOlCU04Q7E7X5pxoXv5Hcw683V9OhIKSYOe3nAjv2Q

💡Tip: When creating a shared round robin event type without required hosts in host pools, be careful not to add your other round-robin hosts to the ‘Add hosts and round robin pools’ section shown below. This will add the user as a required host.

aE2eaiMzUzhRs0uqoWkM7mPQDTdBezLjCKJy72Aku57vu_dClk4A5q3-bGGQPLXzx-PJd3ZkP05QlLSdYidADXAqMKBlzuKwbz5FbAmgqHNMjCxePmg5hwJvJAeAr0h1T1uGT5nFj4aVREE70cYSxnc

~That’s a wrap~ on the twelfth and final day of ⭐12 Days of Calendly!⭐  Thank you for joining us for our holiday hoorah, and we look forward to continuing to connect and foster Calendly Community in 2024! 

Have ideas for Community topics you’d like explored? Looking to flex your Calendly skills and expertise? We’d love to hear your voice here in the Community!

Cheers to you and yours,

Your friendly neighborhood Cal Pals ♥️

Related Community Articles

Round Robin Event Creator & Pool Host
12 Days of Calendly, Day 4: Creating a Round Robin in a Team Page

12 Days of Calendly, Day 6: Creating a Collective Event in a Team Page

12 Days of Calendly Home 🏠

2 replies

Hi Sam, I’m trying to create a collective/round robin event, but in a slightly different way. I need an event that rotates like a round robin between two teams and keeps the same two people in each team. For example, Ryan and Adam are Team 1 and always need to be on the same call together, and Jarrod and Craig are Team 2 and always need to be on the same team together. Every time someone books a meeting, it should be rotate between Team 1 and Team 2. Is this possible?

Userlevel 4

Hi @Ryan01076

That’s a great question! For some background, host pools in a Round Robin event type allow for one group of “always” host(s) and one or more round robin pools of one (1) other host from each pool.

It sounds from your description like you’re looking to “round robin” between multiple pools of “always” hosts, which is not supported in a consolidated event type at this time. In the meantime though, here are a couple of workarounds you can use: 

If you’re on our Standard plan, you can create a team page for your hosts. You can then create separate Collective event types for each desired host pairing. Then, you can share the team landing page link with your invitees to allow them to choose between the different host pairings. In the team page welcome message, you can inform your invitees that if the first event type they check doesn’t have their desired availability, to check the next.

If you’re on the Teams plan, after making your team page Collective event types, you can use a routing form to pre-screen your invitees and direct them to the appropriate collective event type according to their needs. This option is great if your different host pairings have different specialties. 

Here are some other articles I’ve written on these topics you may find helpful:
What is a Team Page?
Creating a Collective Event in a Team Page
Routing for Teams

I’ve also looped in our product team to submit this as a feature request for you. Hopefully this will be something we can provide in the future!  

I hope these options help! Please feel free to let us know if you have addition questions about the workarounds I’ve provided, or other general questions and we’d love to help!