12 Days of Calendly, Day 10: Routing for Teams

• 13 December 2023
  • 0 replies
12 Days of Calendly, Day 10: Routing for Teams
Userlevel 4
  • Community Manager
  • 49 replies

šŸŽ¼On the tenth day of Calendly, my community gave to me: pre-screening and re-direction for my leads!šŸŽ¼

Welcome to the 12 Days of Calendly, a series of guideposts where we give you the gift of product knowledge and understanding!Ā 

Ā 

Itā€™s Day 10 and weā€™re approaching the end of our 12 Days of Calendly extravaganza. For some fun perspective, if we hadĀ gone with the traditional 12 days of Christmas, youā€™d currently be flocked with 23 birds of different varieties, enough milk to start a small creamery, and a personal 19 piece ballet. Glad we opted for fun tips and tricks? I am šŸ˜…

Yesterday, Kelsi showed us how routing forms can be optimized for individual use, which you can read about here, and today Iā€™m going to expand on that to show you some ways routing can be utilized for a team!

Ā 

What are Routing Forms?

Routing forms are a powerful tool you can use to pre-qualify or pre-screen your invitees. You can use form responses to route traffic accordingly to the appropriate event type, a custom message, or an external URL of your choice.Ā 

Ā 

Who can use this?

Routing solutions are available to users on our Teams and Enterprise plans, as well as the legacy Professional plan.Ā 

FYI: The Teams plan is available for both multi-user organizations as well as for individual use. To learn about the features in each plan, feel free to check out our pricing page!

Ā 

When Should I Use a Routing Form?Ā 

This isnā€™t a secret, but Iā€™m a huge advocate of routing forms for anyone who has access to them in their plan. Theyā€™re a delicious automation tool that allow you to streamline the booking experience for you and your invitee anytime you offer more than one event type.

Iā€™ve pulled from my personal experience as a support agent to highlight three of the most common problems teams faceĀ that can be solved with routing forms.Ā 

For each solution, Iā€™ve recorded a demo video showing how you can apply this logic at a high-level. As always, weā€™re here to help you with any additional questions you may have!

Lining Up In-Office Availability

Problem: My teamĀ offers collective event types for co-hosted meetings with different groups ofĀ advisors.Ā We want to be able to offer in-person meetings and virtual meetings, but our advisors have different in-office days.

Solution: By cloning your collective event type and configuring your availability accordingly to create a ā€œvirtualā€ event type and an ā€œin-personā€ event type, you can use a routing form to direct your invitees to the appropriate availability, all by sharing one link!

Take a look at this quick demo video showing you how to do this.

Managing New and Existing Clients

Problem: I want to be able to share one link with all clients, both new and existing. I want my new clients to be brought to a Round Robin event type to schedule an event with any available rep, but I want existing clients to schedule with their assigned rep.Ā 

Solution: By creating a routing form, you can use the form questions to ask invitees if they are new or existing, as well as ask who their rep is (if applicable). New clients can be routed to your Round Robin event type, while existing clients can be routed to their assigned rep according to their form responses.Ā 

Simplifying Client Experience

Problem: I have so many event types on my team page, it feels overwhelming to send all of these options to my clients. I donā€™t want to have to send a specific booking page link to each client individually, but I also donā€™t want to potentially lose business by bombarding clients with too many options.

Solution: By prescreening your clients with a routing form and configuring the routing logic to redirectĀ them appropriately, you can drastically improve your clientsā€™Ā user experience.

Ā 

~Thatā€™s a wrap~ on the tenth of ā­12 Days of Calendly!ā­ We look forward to seeing you again tomorrow, where Kelsi will go into detail on the topic: Helpful integrations. Check back in for that and more through December 15th! ā„

Ā 

Related Community Articles

Maximizing Automation with Routing Forms

Calendly Routing for Advisors - Why YOU Need It

Overflowing appointments when a host is fully booked

How can I connect new leads to the right team member, but only share one link?

Ā 

Ā 

12 Days of Calendly HomeĀ šŸ 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!