Skip to main content

12 Days of Calendly, Day 1: What are different event types?

• 4 December 2023
  • 1 reply
12 Days of Calendly, Day 1: What are different event types?

🎅🏻On the first day of Calendly, my Community gave to me: an overview of different event types available to solo users (and made this line rhyme - yippeee)!

Welcome to 12 Days of Calendly, a series of guideposts in which we give you the gift of product knowledge and understanding! (I realize that Costco gift cards might also be desirable, but, I promise this will be exciting!) 

Today we are kicking off this series with an overview of different event types available to our solo users (those without additional users in their Calendly organization, scheduling meetings for just themselves). Each of these guideposts will be concise - so let’s dive right in!

🗓️ One-on-one Event Types

A one-one-one event type is precisely as it sounds - an event type you create in order to share with as many people as you wish, to allow them to book individual, one host/one invitee meetings. 

Note: one-on-one event types are available on all plans, free and paid. 

🗓️ Group Event Types

Group Event Type is a one host to many invitees event type. This allows for you, the host, to create a meeting and invite many invitees to book in the same time slot/s for group events like interviews, classes and more. 

Note: group event types are available on all paid plans.

🗓️ One-Off Meetings

One-Off Meeting can be used to host a one-time, high priority meeting that doesn’t match your regular event types.

Note: one-off meetings are available on all plans, free and paid.

🗓️ Meeting Polls

A Calendly meeting poll combines both voting and scheduling in a few simple steps:

1. You create your meeting details and offer times to meet.
  2. People vote on their preferred times.
  3. You choose the best time, and Calendly schedules the meeting for you.

Note: meeting polls are available on all plans, free and paid.

Now that’s what I call variety! With the knowledge of what event types are available to you as a solo user, let’s go over a few key points that will aid you in taking control of easy scheduling when creating and using these event types:

• Brush up on how to Share Your Calendly Link!
  • Keep up to date with integrations available to you as a solo user (more on this in an upcoming guidepost).
  • Take note of automations you can utilize, like Workflows!
  • Learn about using Availability Schedules and how they can streamline your scheduling process.
  • Check out our jam packed Help Center for more information about the functionality of your Calendly account, and, of course - our Community has an array of topics at the ready as well!

~That’s a wrap~ on the first of ⭐️12 Days of Calendly!⭐️ We look forward to seeing you again tomorrow, where my peer Sam will go into detail on the topic: What is a Team page? Check back in for that and more through December 15th! ❄️

12 Days of Calendly Home 🏠

Feeling very merry and bright, armed with this festive product knowledge!! Thanks for kicking off the 12 Days of Calendly strong Kelsi! Can’t wait for the next couple of weeks 🎅⛄️🎄❄️