Skip to main content
Solved

Overflowing appointments when a host is fully booked

• 23 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi.

I have a managed event shared with 2 hosts.  I’ve setup routing so that the booking is made with the best host depending on how the client answers the questions.

However, if the best host for that query is fully booked, I’d like it to automatically offer a booking with the other host, based on their availability.

Obviously if both hosts are fully booked, then the event is full and that is that.

I don’t seem to be able to find a way to achieve this.  Hope you can help.

Thanks,

Shaun

Hey @Shaun31832! Great question!

So, as you have likely seen, when using routing you have to set up logic and that logic is very black and white. Once an invitee is routed to an event type they cannot then be rerouted to another event type if the first one has no availability. What I would suggest considering in your situation is routing to a Round Robin Event Type so that the two hosts are booked back and forth in round robin fashion. For now, there isn’t a perfect workaround in order to automatically route to either a one-on-one event type or a Round Robin based on availability, as availability for the events is not taken into consideration by the routing logic. 

I know this isn't exactly what you wanted to hear but do hope the information helps, at least somewhat!