12 Days of Calendly, Day 4: Creating a Round Robin in a Team Page

• 7 December 2023
  • 2 replies
12 Days of Calendly, Day 4: Creating a Round Robin in a Team Page
Userlevel 4
  • Community Manager
  • 49 replies

🎼On the fourth day of Calendly, my community gave to me: Round Robin booking, carefree!🎼

Welcome to the 12 Days of Calendly, a series of guideposts where we give you the gift of product knowledge and understanding! 

After yesterday’s yuletide yeller from Kelsi showed us how to clone event types to help optimize our time this holiday season (and beyond), I’m bringing it back to some more team-oriented topics for day four of the 12 days of Calendly ❄️.

On day two, I raved about team pages, but today, I’m going to jingle my bells🧑‍🎄 about our scrumptiously tear-and-share team page event type— Round Robin Events

What is a Round Robin Event Type?

Round Robin event types allow your invitees to book a time when any assigned host has availability in their schedule. 

You can configure your Round Robin event type to be optimized for availability or for equal distribution, depending on your team’s scheduling needs. For more info on Round Robin distribution, feel free to take a look here.

When could I use a Round Robin event type?

• To connect  leads with sales reps for intro calls and demos
  • To connect new customers with the the client services team for onboarding and training
  • To connect existing customers with a member of the support team
  • To connect candidates with any available recruiter for phone screenings
  • … and more!

Shared Event Types vs. Team Page Event Types

With multi-user Calendly organizations, we offer two collaborative scheduling options– shared event types and event types in a team page. While there are benefits to both options, I always go for the team page option for a couple of reasons. Here’s a quick diagram—

RWOfom23fjMO2YPULxyfcytBVFTmulHYWoudzHOzfnynkO-mce8fUMOY-25LIL_CSX2thoWVcUJ0g3E-1ku4HjrcQAqM9OAd24vJIexeft8M-yVL4wWWw0zLn7jYapgxTEfuvp_ZP2TBIwD9rPiJ_5M

How to Create a Round Robin Event Type in a Team Page

The process to create a Round Robin event type in your team page is the same as creating any other event type, the only difference being that you will first want to navigate to your team page before clicking “New Event Type”. 

For a quick demo on how to create a Round Robin event type in your team page, feel free to take a look here.

~That’s a wrap~ on the fourth of ⭐12 Days of Calendly!⭐ We look forward to seeing you again tomorrow, where Kelsi will go into detail on the topic: Sharing Your Landing Page. Check back in for that and more through December 15th! ❄

Related Community Articles

Create a 'One-on-One' Event Type on a Team Page

Maximum allowed events per day for this type of event

Allocating a shared meeting room for Round Robin Events

12 Days of Calendly Home 🏠

2 replies

Userlevel 7

One of my favorite topics outlined BEAUTIFULLY by one of my favorite writers. Thank you so much for sharing this knowledge with our customers and colleagues alike, Sam! 😍

Userlevel 3

Nifty feature, although I haven’t personally had cause to use it (yet!).