Skip to main content

I can’t connect my ical!

• 18 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi!

Calendly currently integrates with iCloud calendar but not iCal. A bit of context on why this is, the Apple Calendar app (or iCal) you may be used to seeing on your MacBook or iPhone isn't really a calendar at all, but rather a calendar viewer. Since iCal/Apple Calendar is simply a display interface where a user can view other online calendars, it is not possible for Calendly to integrate directly with Apple Calendar/iCal.

You can connect your iCloud calendar in Calendly by navigating to your Calendar Connection page and selecting iCloud. Once you select iCloud, you will follow the prompts to connect your calendar to Calendly. 

Please note, the iCloud connection requires you to have 2-factor authentication turned on and an app-specific password prior to connecting your iCloud calendar in Calendly. You can view full steps here: Getting started with iCloud calendar

What great information! I really find this helpful! I also wanted to add this link to a topic that shows users how to walk through the process of connecting their iCloud Calendars, generating an app-specific password, and so on! Hopefully paired with what you shared, this is all anyone needs! 

I have problems to connect my icalender to calendly. the information are not useful at all on the website because the interface and also the menue looks completely different. also “create password” is noth there…. can you help me how YOU did it???