Feature request: Invitee's time zone in meeting invitation subject

• 23 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

It is helpful that booking times can be displayed in the invitee’s time zone, but the meeting invitations that invitees receive use the host’s time zone in the email subject line. In the below screenshot, I’d like the subject to say “12:30pm – 1:30pm (CET)” instead of “7:30am – 8:30am (EDT)”.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @Kaley White - thanks for your post!

The calendar invitations you are referring to are sent from your Google Calendar and not from Calendly. Calendly simply prompts them to be sent. 

You can remove the “time” variable from the subject line entirely if you’d like. Simply head into your event type > click “communications” > edit your Calendar invitations (the title). 

That said, the time zone settings on these invitations will be dependent on both your invitee’s selected time zone when booking and your own, as well as your Google Calendar time zone settings and their calendar time zone settings (as far as what time the event displays on the actual calendar). Please check your time zone settings across the board!

At this time there is not a variable that will allow for automatically displaying two times in the title of the calendar event when the host/invitee have different time zones. I appreciate this feedback and will make sure to include it in our monthly report! Thank you for it!

Userlevel 1

Thank you! Just a small clarification: I have no need for “displaying two times in the title of the calendar event.” I just need the invitee’s emails to display everything in their time zone instead of the host’s.

Userlevel 7

Thank you! Just a small clarification: I have no need for “displaying two times in the title of the calendar event.” I just need the invitee’s emails to display everything in their time zone instead of the host’s.

Thank you for that clarification - and I’m sorry for misunderstanding that goal!