Skip to main content

Hi,

I’m a psuedo-dev and have done extensive work to integrate Calendly to our HaloPSA platform. I’m working on an idea that’ll centralize all meetings booked in Calendly to the specific relevant client’s Microsoft Teams channel instead of it being a personal meeting.

The basic idea is to have a custom location listed as “Clients Teams Channel” or something that we would use on specific meeting types across the org, a webhook from Calendly at the time of booking triggers an external process that spins up the Teams meeting in that channel and then updates the invite sending the update to all users.

My question is if one of the following is possible

1. From the Admin section can we define a custom location and make it available to be chosen added to the specific event types by the team members, or do they have to create a new “Custom” location for each person/each meeting
  2. Is it possible we can override the Event Type settings with query parameters in the link (I saw something like this was a new feature added but can’t find the docs on what exactly is possbile with this) so that the Link sent out can specify the location and override the event type settings

Hey there! Thanks for reaching out with these great questions—happy to help clarify!

Can we define a custom location for event types?

Yes, both hosts (users) and Admin/Owners can choose a custom location for any event type. Just keep in mind, it’s a plain text field, so it’s manually entered. This applies at the event type level, meaning it’s set individually for each event type.

Can we override event type settings with query parameters?

Yes, using the Create/Share API endpoint, you can create a version of an event type with some limited customizations, including overriding specific settings like location. You can find more details in our official documentation here:

Calendly API Documentation - Create/Share.

While URL parameters can help customize some aspects, it has it’s limitations. We basically allow you to pre-populate details like name, email, and answer invitee questions. You can learn more about these URL parameters here: Calendly URL Parameters for Pre-population

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Ok so the Create/Share feature is literlaly spinning up a clone of the event for one time use with that client or whatever it’s not a simple matter of tacking on additional query strings to the main URL to create a new location or adjust the event properties.

Hey @MendyRisingTide - you are correct!