Question

Authentication into Other Host System

• 9 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Apologies if the title isn’t using the right terminology.

I am building a web app that embeds another company’s Calendly widget into it for easily scheduling a meeting.

I want to be able to use the response from the calendly scheduled event and get information about the meeting the user just booked but without having full access to the partner’s calendly instance.

Is there a way to issue API tokens that only allow my company to access bookings made via the widget on our website?

Like I said, we are partners with the other company so we have a good relationship but they don’t want to grant us full access to their Calendly, which is understandable. Just trying to find a good balance here so we can still display the scheduled event information to our users from our app.

3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi @kaybesee Can you tell if the booking page belongs to a specific user and not necessarily a org admin? If yes, then you can have that user connect using oauth/personal access token and subscribe to the Webhook using that user’s token. With this approach, you will have access to only those events that belongs to that user and not their entire Calendly instance.

Access (tokens) are based on user role in Calendly. Currently, we offer User and Org Admin. In near future, we will be adding Group Admins where you can use Group Admin token to access events for a specific Group (of users).

Hey Niraj, let me find out what type of user owns the booking page and report back.

This is more of a feature request, but it would be nice to be able to generate access tokens for specific calendars/booking pages and not for an entire user account.

Userlevel 2

Sorry @kaybesee, we don’t currently have scopes that can be used for specific scheduled events. All of our access are associated at the user level (and their permission). 
It’s a good feedback though. I can see how this can be useful when building a 3rd party integrations.