Solved

Cancel one invitee in group meeting

• 27 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi,
Do I have an API to cancel participation of one invitee of a group meeting?
I see that cancel API gets only eventId, so If I cancel it, it will be cancelled for all invitees?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Kelsi at Calendly 27 March 2024, 18:20

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey there @Maya25876 - great question!

You can actually cancel a single invitee from a Group Event Type from your “scheduled events” tab! Let’s look at how!

This should resolve your issue - but let me know if you have any further questions and I’ll be happy to help! 🤗

Thanks @Kelsi at Calendly  for the quick reply. Can I do the same thing by Calendly API?

Userlevel 7

Thanks @Kelsi at Calendly  for the quick reply. Can I do the same thing by Calendly API?

Hey again - you’re so welcome!

Unfortunately that is not possible at this time. Here’s our most up-to-date info re: cancelling/rescheduling via API. 

To cancel an event via the API, you can send a POST request to the cancel event endpoint.

Please note that this endpoint can be used to cancel an event but not an individual invitee in a Group event.

At this time, there is no API endpoint that supports rescheduling an event or invitee, however the cancel and reschedule URLs are on the invitee resource.

The cancel and reschedule URLs can be found on the v2 API webhook payload as well. You can see an example of the payload here.

image.png

These URLs are always inserted at the bottom of calendar events or email confirmations, but they are available on the API to be more easily retrievable so you can place them wherever you want in the app that you are building.

I hope this helps!