Skip to main content

Hello, people!

I was trying to create an endpoint to connect the Calendly app into my app. Like to connect the API to get the events for an user that authenticates, and connect them into my calendar.

Now, I did that, it works. But, at some point I received an error which goes like this:

“Please upgrade your Calendly account to Standard”

I did that, now, idk if the error appeared for the user account or the account where the app was setup.

It worked, never the less. 

I upgraded the user account. But, I tried with another account now, that has no subscription. And it worked again.

I created another app on another API account, to make sure. And tried it with the account that had no subscription. And it worked.

What is going on?

But now, idk, do I, as a developer, need to have subscription? It doesn’t make sense to me.

Idk what is happening.

Hi Tirla!

Yes, an account will need to be on the Standard tier or above in order to use webhooks.

Your account will automatically be granted a Teams trial for 14 days when you sign up, so you will also be able to use webhooks during this period. This may explain why you were intially able to use webhooks on an account without a subscription!

Please note that if you’re using OAuth to develop a public integration, the webhooks functionality won’t be tied to your own Calendly account’s tier but rather the account of the Calendly user connecting to your application.