Easier way to get events via API

• 23 February 2024
  • 3 replies

it seems a little overly difficult to get anything from the api

and it really has to do with unique identifiers for things like event_types not being shown anywhere frontend

we have to run api….to get the id of something to run another api….to get the id of something for another api?

if the Unique identifier of an event isnt gonna be in its URL
why not just display it somewhere frontend 

so we dont have to go on a wild goose chase in someones organization?

3 replies

right now im trying to find an event_type thats not under the user or the “current_organization” i got from running api for user details

but its in the back of his calendly….

so im just lost and annoyed

Userlevel 2

@sell63550 Currently, the scope and authentication method of our APIs are tied to the User or the Admin/Owner of that Org. When you authenticate our APIs using token belonging to the either User or Admin/Owner, you will get Event Types specific to the scope of that token. For security reasons, you will not be able to retrieve data from a different Calendly Org unless you are a part of that Org and use their token.

Can you share your use case? We can provide additional help on how to proceed. 

right now im trying to find an event_type thats not under the user or the “current_organization” i got from running api for user details

but its in the back of his calendly….

so im just lost and annoyed

sell63550

if you are a pro user then you can easily track your users information (like first name, last name, email, phone and others) for your Facebook and Google Marketing and I know how to track them by using Google Tag Manager (GTM)