Question

Event Type URI

• 7 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi!

I am currently working on pulling data from the Calendly API. What is the easiest way to get the URI of an Event? Right now, I am looking by user, and then then grabbing the URI if they are part of the event. This means I need to sort through several users in order to find all the events I want to target via the API. 

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 2

Hi @Cesar24375!

If you’re not sure which users are in the event type, you may want to use an organization-scoped call instead of a user-scoped call to the list event types endpoint. If you are using the access token of an organization admin/owner, you will have permission to use the organization scope and get a list of event types in the organization. The exception to this is shared event types, which are currently only available on the user-scope.

Using the organization scope will just involve passing the organization’s URI to the organization parameter when making the request instead of passing the user parameter.

You can also narrow down the total list by passing values to the admin_managed or active parameters, if you know whether the event type is admin managed and/or currently active in the account.

I hope that answers your question but please share a few more details if this doesn’t quite address it!