Question

How to avoid invitees of selecting time slots but to accept a given time slot?

• 2 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Instead of letting invitees to select time slots I need to send emails to them directly with a given time slot. Or else can we send a single use scheduling link with a single given time slot? The thing is I need to do them programmatically using the API. 

I searched in the api documentation but couldn’t find a solution for this. Please help...

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Hi there! 

The way to create single use links using the API would be with this endpoint: https://developer.calendly.com/api-docs/4b8195084e287-create-single-use-scheduling-link

You are not able to create event types or schedule events using the API at this time though.

Let me know if there are other questions! 

Userlevel 2

It’s possible to get a link to a particular time slot via the API!

The list event type available times endpoint will return all available times for a particular event type based on the time range you provide (a range of up to 7 days per API call). Each item in the returned collection will have a scheduling_url, which can be visited directly. This URL will take the invitee to the final stage of the booking flow with the date and time already selected for them, so it should work for the scenario you described.

Please note that an invitee will be unable to complete the booking process if the time has already been booked by someone else, but they will be able to go back and select a different time. Invitees will also be able to choose a different time in the event type even when the slot you have linked them is not taken, so long as the event type’s availability allows it.

If you would like to create a Calendly link that enforces particular time slots per person, you would likely want to use a one-off meeting. We don’t yet have the ability to create one-off meetings via our public API, but I’d recommend subscribing to our API Release Notes so you can get notified when we release new endpoints.