Question

How to get the event start time in local timezone which my user booked?

• 11 April 2024
  • 3 replies

I have a few customers who booked in India and Singapore timezone and the start date time that i have received via webhooks is totally different..

1. Below event was booked by my customer in India timezone.

The event start date/time received on Zapier is below start_time:

2024-04-24T19:30:00.000000Z

B. Than another customer booked in Singapore timezone

The start date time that i have received on Zapier is 

2024-04-29T18:00:00.000000Z

How can i know the exact time which my customer booked in their local timezone? 

3 replies

Hey @Jayeshkumar04143,

Included our webhook payload, is the “Invitee Timezone”. All time stamps are in the UTC format, and then can be converted using that value.

Hope that helps!

Hey @Michael G ,

Do you have the list of all the timezones? I have looked up online and there are multiple timezones with different terms.

Hey @Jayeshkumar04143,

Generally, you can rely on the tz database values as the list of all possible timezone values we can use for invitees.

There are two different ways that a timezone can be recorded when scheduling, which should help clarify why you may only see different values:

When you visit a scheduling page as the invitee, you will be able to select a timezone from the dropdown if you want to select one other than your device's detected timezone. This list only contains one option for each distinct timezone (e.g. there is only one selectable option that corresponds to Central European Time). When the time is being selected this way, there is only one possible value (i.e. 'Europe/Berlin').

However, there are possible device timezones that are outside of that default list we display. If we detect one of those timezones, we 'select' that timezone automatically for them instead (i.e. this new value is selected in the list). So for example, someone in Central European Time might instead be 'Europe/Brussels' and this is what we would record as their timezone when they booked.

This list is a good reference for the possible timezones that an invitee might use on their device.