Skip to main content
Question

Need to add Buffer when creating a one--off event type via API

• 14 August 2024
  • 0 replies

I am struggling to come up with a solution on this.

I created a booking page where a customer can choose topics they need help with, each topic has a set duration, so my first issues is I need to dynamically set the event duration. The second issue I have is I have a system knowing which agents are skilled on each topic, so some of the choices may require multiple agents to attend the meeting.

I can accomplish both of these issues by creating One-Off Event Types using the API and can do collective events when multiple agents are needed, which is great.

The issue I have now is I need to be able to set buffers on these event types, or my agents are going to be bombarded with bookings with no breaks potentially.

I really don’t like butting 2 events together as a lot of our sessions do take longer than expected as these are onboarding/support sessions, and we can run into issues if a customer only books a 15 minute topic, and we run into an unexpected issue, which does happen frequently.

I also don’t just want to add extra time to the duration as the customer may expect to get that extra time.

The only way I can do this without the api is create multiple event types, each with a 15, 30, 45, 60 minute duration, but then I have to create 4 types for each individual agent one for each duration, and then 8 more for each variation of multiple agents. In all I would have to build out and maintain over 60 event types, which is just going to be a nightmare to maintain with new agents coming on and turnover and whatnot.

Hoping I am just missing something with the API call and can just add buffers somehow when creating an event type via the api

Be the first to reply!