Skip to main content
Solved

Previously fill to polulate start time end time

• 22 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi

Previously fill in the guest information on the scheduling page, just like the name, email, etc., the valid start and end time is passed instead of being prerecorded. I have seen these variables but I don't know how they can be used.event_start_time (in invitee timezone (iso8601 format))event_end_time (in invitee timezone (iso8601 format))

4 replies

Userlevel 2

Hey @SoluOpen01666 I see you are trying to dynamically fill certain information on the scheduling page. Like your example (name, email, etc) the date and time can be appended as a URL parameter to set the date and time. Considering the timezone is pulled dynamically from the device viewing the page, this currently can’t be configured with the URL. 

When all parameters are in use, it might look something like this: /2024-05-24T01:00:00-04:00

The format is simply the year, month, day, and time YYYY-MM-DDT00:00:00-00:00 which if available will show the time in the timezone selected by the device. Keep in mind that our scheduling pages must be used for scheduling as we don’t currently have any POST request for scheduling events using the API.

If you are building an app, or working on some dynamic coding then you might ask the invitee their timezone or collect it through other means to ensure you are reflecting the right time to the guest when they choose it on your app!

Hi Best regards

What I see is that it is clear that in the URL you pass you can place the calendar, the month and the time, but I need a dynamic service that the hours are formed by the URL without having to resort to the APIThat is, if I pass the url /2024-05-24T01:00:00-04:00 with 15-minute fractions that attends to those fractions now this time value is defined in the service I need to say that if I call my calendar and I give it a duration, the hours will go in that duration to schedule. I have a service that lasts 30 minutes Therefore, the scheduling hours range from 30 to 30, but if I need something dynamic from 10 to 10, I should before creating a service from 10 to 10. Would it be possible to do this dynamically?Thank you
Userlevel 2

Hey @SoluOpen01666 thanks for the follow up! To be clear the URL parameters wouldn’t be require the use of the API as you are simply appending the date/time parameter to the end of whatever scheduling page you are sending. The /2024-05-24T01:00:00-04:00 in this case would be added to the end of a calendly link like this: calendly.com/example/example/2024-05-24T01:00:00-04:00. 

As far as creating scheduling hours, date ranges, time intervals, and other specific criteria - those would need to happen within the Calendly app itself. You will need to follow our UI/UX in the web app to create those specific criteria. 

An alternative to create a new event with specific criteria would be to use our api (learn more on this reference page: https://developer.calendly.com/api-docs/v1yuxil3cpmxq-create-one-off-event-type). You mentioned not wanting to use the API, but the only methods currently are the API OR using the application from a browser. Hope that helps!

Hi thanks

best regards