Question

Security Issue: Chrome Browser on iphone

• 19 February 2024
  • 8 replies

My issue is occurring specifically when using Chrome browser on iPhone:

I have my Calendly calendar embedded in a webpage. When the webpage first loads on mobile, the connection is Secure (as defined by Chrome). But, when a user selects a date from my calendar, the resulting page is flagged as Not Secure.

When attempting to collect payments via Stripe, this security issue will result in warning messages-- specifically when clients try to enter their bank card info via Chrome Autofill. 

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any troubleshoot ideas?

Thank you!

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey there @COACHGREG - thanks for your topic! If you don’t mind sharing the link to your booking page here (do not share your email address or other personal identifying info), I would be happy to test this behavior on mobile via Chrome to see if it’s specific to your device or something broader. 

If you do not want to post your booking link publicly, I totally understand. You could instead reach out to our support team by logging into your account and clicking “help” - they are available 24/7 via live chat and email.

I would also suggest trying a few things on your own: 

• Run any updates for Chrome/your iOS device that might need running
  • Restart your iOS device
  • Try a different browser (likely Safari) to see if this behavior is reproduced outside of your mobile Chrome browser
  • Try an Incognito browser in Chrome to see if this behavior is reproduced there

I hope you have a good evening, either way! 

Thank you for your response, Kelsi. Because my booking page uses Typeform (with a Calendly embed), I created a separate test-page with only the Calendly embed (no Typeform). The behavior is the same. Here’s the link to that page: 

https://train.soccer/test

Also the security issue seems to be isolated to Chrome Mobile (iPhone) browser. A client brought this to my attention when she tried to input her debit card info via Chrome Autofill, and encountered the “Not Secure” warning.  I tested it and experienced the same warning on my device (also an iPhone).  

Userlevel 7

Hey again @COACHGREG - thanks for the extra detailed info! 

I was able to reproduce the behavior on my end as well (using Chrome on an iPhone 13). Here is the screenshot I took (the only issue seems to be the credit card field using autofill): 

Because this seems to be isolated to Chrome on iOS mobile (I was not able to reproduce it in Chrome on macOS), the troubleshooting required is unfortunately a bit out of the scope of what I can do for you here in the community environment. I did want to provide this screenshot so that you can reference your topic here with our support team and provide that to them, showing that it’s been recreated on our end, as well. I will need to ask that you do reach out to our support team for more individualized support - and I know they’ll get you sorted out! Just log into your Calendly account and click “help” - they are online 24/7. 

Let me know if there’s anything else regarding the functionality of your Calendly account I can assist with. Have a great night! 

I did reach out to the support team this morning and haven’t heard back yet. My ticket number for this issue is “[redacted].” 

Userlevel 7

@COACHGREG thanks for letting me know. I will ping our dev support team to see if they can chime in here and make sure they take a look at your ticket when earliest possible, as well! Due to the time, it’s possible you won’t hear back until tomorrow - but I will make sure someone lets you know something ASAP! Please do feel free to jump back into live chat and talk to the support team again if you want to, as well. Otherwise just know I’m looking into it behind the scenes.=) 

Userlevel 7

@COACHGREG I did look into this for you -  your ticket was escalated to the right team and I doubled down with an additional ping. Please keep an eye out for an email and you will get the help you need, soon (again - there is a chance that it won’t be tonight - so don’t worry if that’s the case)! Have a great night! 

I’d appreciate if someone could clarify--is this a global incompatibility issue with Chrome or is it specific to my account. In other words, was Support able to recreate this behavior outside of my domain? I haven’t received an update and I need to take steps on my end to resolve this. It's limiting my ability to collect payments from my clients. 

Userlevel 6

Hi @COACHGREG,

I just checked your ticket and it looks like they’re still working on it. No update to provide yet unfortunately. They should communicate with you directly through that ticket when there is an update though!