Skip to main content

Event type permissions for non-admins

• 19 July 2024
  • 0 replies

As a product marketer, I’m almost never an admin for anything. That great power usually lies with my ops and IT counterparts, and they do a great job keeping the trains running + the likes of me aligned with process and protocol. That said, there’s a little thrill I get when something like Calendly’s event type permissions gets democratized and rolled out for non-admins like me 💃🏻

What does this mean? What power did I inherit overnight? It means that I can now grant any of my teammates view or edit access to any of my event types. It’s kind of like granting permissions to a file or folder online, same idea:

Just as a normal, regular user -- on a standard or above plan -- with no admin controls needed. How awesome is that? I sit in on enough user calls to know that when teammates need access to each others’ event types, they typically resort to pretty manual workarounds. Like keeping a spreadsheet, doc, pinned Slack note, or post-it with a list of other people’s scheduling links. I love a post-it as much as the next person, but that’s not it.

Once you share event type access with a teammate, here’s what they would see:

Did you blink and miss how quick it was for Roy to copy Keeley’s scheduling link? You might’ve because that’s how smooth + speedy this process is. And for folks who are fans of our browser extension, this shared “Important Meeting!” event type would also appear in Roy’s extension sidebar, where Roy can do lots of things from booking a meeting on Keeley’s behalf to copying her scheduling link to viewing her live booking page:

So many possibilities! So much power! So much collaboration potential! Take this as a sign to use Calendly’s event type permissions to share links with your teammates, and save the post-its for in-person whiteboarding sessions, notes + reminders around the house, or re-enacting that iconic break-up scene from Sex and the City:

0 replies

Be the first to reply!