Stop agonizing. Start here.

• 11 September 2023
  • 3 replies
Stop agonizing. Start here.
Userlevel 6

I freaking love this blog article from Jeff (Head of Product Marketing here at Calendly) on Calendly etiquette and totally recommend it as a getting start point when you’re thinking about how to share that little link of yours.

https://calendly.com/blog/is-calendly-rude

The tl;dr (but you should read!):

• Open the door for others first. Let someone give their availability the old fashioned way and offer up your Calendly. That’s like opening all the doors at once. How polite!
  • Ask for their Calendly link. Either they’ll have one and you’ll be like “Hey! ME TOO! Are we best friends?” or they’ll be like “What is this magical Calendly?”… or it’ll be a good opening for you to share yours.
  • It just inherently is a good thing. Saving someone time and effort is an incredibly kind and thoughtful thing to do. Maybe channel all the good vibes and good intentions and assume the recipient sees it that way too?

What would you add?

3 replies

Userlevel 1

I don’t view sharing my link after confirming interest in meeting with me as “rude.” I want to save everyone time. Placing my Calendly sign-up link in my e-mail signature makes coordinating meeting times a breeze, and people are delighted by the efficiency! 

I couldn't agree more with Jeff's insights on Calendly etiquette! As I integrate Calendly into my daily business routine at Miguel Camarena Art Gallery, his suggestions are spot on. It's become my go-to guide for streamlining scheduling and making connections. Are there any other tips you'd add to enhance the Calendly experience for businesses like mine? Let's discuss!

Userlevel 7

I couldn't agree more with Jeff's insights on Calendly etiquette! As I integrate Calendly into my daily business routine at Miguel Camarena Art Gallery, his suggestions are spot on. It's become my go-to guide for streamlining scheduling and making connections. Are there any other tips you'd add to enhance the Calendly experience for businesses like mine? Let's discuss!

Hey Andrew - great question! I love hearing about your use case. I suggest checking out both our New User Guide and Company Admin Guide, first! This is a great place to start. 

Then, you might be interested in our solopreneurs space. Lastly, our Help Center is jam packed with all sorts of articles in regards to how to get things running the way that best suits you. I suggest starting with things like the following: 

I hope this helps!