Using Calendly to schedule webinars

• 6 March 2024
  • 8 replies

Hey Calendly Community! What are your best practices for scheduling webinars with Calendly? I’d love to hear any pro tips and lessons learned 😄

(In case you haven’t tried it yet, you can set up a Group event type to allow multiple invitees to sign up for a single event + integrate with Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, GoTo Meeting, and Webex!) 

8 replies

I’m trying this feature for the first time, but I’m struggling to assign my webinar a specific date and time so that attendees only see one option. It is a one-time event but I will have multiple attendees so the one-off meeting option doesn’t work for this, unless I missed a critical step somewhere.

Userlevel 7

I’m trying this feature for the first time, but I’m struggling to assign my webinar a specific date and time so that attendees only see one option. It is a one-time event but I will have multiple attendees so the one-off meeting option doesn’t work for this, unless I missed a critical step somewhere.

Hey there - I’m glad you posted this! I can totally see where this might get confusing. 

Here are the steps you’ll want to follow: ​​​​​​

1. Create a Group Event Type
  2. Within the scheduling settings of that Group ET, use “date specific hours”
  3. Using date specific hours, set a date and time you want your webinar to take place
  4. Set the location for this Group ET to whatever you’d prefer (Google Meet, Zoom, MS Teams etc.)
  5. Share Your Calendly Link for the Group ET so invitees can book

Here’s a short Loom I created for you going over those same steps. Enjoy - and good luck! If you run into more issues, just let us know. We’ll be here! =) 

Great video overview. Wondering if there’s a way to do this where the customer can book without having to find the date and time on a calendar view. My website already has all the signup information with dates/times. I just need a “sign up now” type button. Is there a way to do this?

Userlevel 7

Hey @Nick65146 - great question! 

At this time there is no way to bypass the booking flow via Calendly, which means that the date/time portion will always be present and an invitee will have to select on that screen to move forward.

I’m sorry! I do hope this helps, though. Have a good day. =) 

p.s. while you cannot bypass the booking flow, you can embed your booking page with a button. Check out this handy overview of our embed options! You can also take a look at this website for examples of each one.

HI, Kelsi/Community - I am good all the way through saving the date-specific hours. IT is not saving and says “view next month” and “No times available on June 6th”. Here is a pic. Any ideas? TIA

Userlevel 7

Hey @Paul80160 -- great question!

My guess is that while the date specific hours are actually saving, you can’t see that due to the “no times in June” and “view next month” issue.

Look at these event type settings for that event type: 

• date range
  • minimum notice

My first assumption is that “date range” is your issue. You might have it set so that invitees can only book “X” days into the future, ending before June 19th (the date I see in your date specific hours). 

It’s also possible that while you are setting June 19th to be available here, it’s not available in your connected “check for conflicts” calendar/s. You can use our Troubleshooting availability tool on your scheduling page in order to understand what's causing the conflict. I find it to be super helpful and it resolves most availability issues. 🎉 Use this tool to see why that date is blocked off/unavailable, and check your connected calendar for “busy” events on that date/during those times. 

Let me know if this helps you resolve the issue!

Hi, 

Any best practices around the link with Google Meets or Zoom? 

I’ve managed to set up my Calendly with 100 seats available, however I don’t really want this to be a regular Google Meets or Zoom, but a Webinar one, where only I and members of my team can present. Is that possible? I don’t find any way to link a specific type of calendar invite. Is it possible to do this? 

Userlevel 7

Hi, 

Any best practices around the link with Google Meets or Zoom? 

I’ve managed to set up my Calendly with 100 seats available, however I don’t really want this to be a regular Google Meets or Zoom, but a Webinar one, where only I and members of my team can present. Is that possible? I don’t find any way to link a specific type of calendar invite. Is it possible to do this? 

Hey there! 

Our current integration works with Zoom Meetings, not Zoom webinars. However, you can include a static Zoom webinar link as a custom location. You can also include any dial-in info in the description field. Here's an example of what that looks like:

To include a custom link as your location, simply choose “custom” as your location and paste the webinar link in the field.

I hope this helps!