Skip to main content
Question

365 outlook appointment email notification

• 13 January 2024
  • 1 reply

New to Calendly.  Basically, all I want to do at this point is have Calendly read my Microsoft 365 Outlook calendar and send an email notification to my client 1 day prior to their appointment.  I would also like to give them the opportunity to reply with a “cancel” command if they would like to cancel the meeting.  I can see that my calendar is connected if I go to my profile drop down and select calendar sync.  I added an appointment to my outlook calendar, but I do not see it get synced up to my Calendy calendar when I click on “Scheduled events”.  As you can see, I am stuck on the basics or how this works.  Any links to documentation for this or suggestions would be appreciated.  I’ve already looked at getting started with Office 365 our Outloook.com and read How Calendly reads your Office 365/Outlook.com calendar event status, but I do not see and documents on where I can view the outlook appointments in Calendly.

Hi @officecat!

Great question. I’m confident I can help clear up the confusion and get you on your way. 😁

Events you see show up in Scheduled Events are events that were booked through an event type on Calendly. Those are the events that you can apply workflows (such as that reminder with cancellation option) and other automations to.

Events that are booked outside of Calendly event types are blocked off on your Calendly so they can’t be scheduled over, but they don’t show up as scheduled events or have workflows or automations. The reason being that we can’t tell the difference between an event you scheduled on Outlook as a meeting versus time you blocked off as a doctor’s appointment or personal event.

It sounds like you’d like to have a workflow setup to remind your invitees of the upcoming event, so you’ve got 2 options: schedule the event for them through Calendly (just use your event link as the invitee would, but enter their email address instead) or let them pick a time through Calendly. Either of these will get you the desired outcome.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you get caught up anywhere and I’ll get you through it.