Skip to main content
Solved

Add Gong to all my meetings

• 10 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi, 

I use Gong to record my meetings.  Gong needs to be added as an invitee (assistant@gong.io) to all of my meetings.

How can I add assistant@gong.io to my Calendly so that it is always invited to calls that my customers set up with me?

Thanks!   

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey there @Mark01880 -- welcome to Calendly Community, and thanks for posting this topic. It’s a great question!

The simple answer is that you cannot add an additional email address/invitee to all of your Calendly meetings in the way that you are hoping to. Calendly will only notify the host and the invitee of bookings. I’m sorry! That said, there is a pretty smooth workaround that I think you will be happy to take advantage of. It’ll meet this goal!

You can set up a forwarding filter in your inbox to automatically forward all emails received from notifications@calendly.com. You can even forward notifications for a specific event type by filtering by subject titles that include the event type name! This will result in an email being sent to the assistant@gong.io email address, forwarded from your own. 

I hope this helps!

Edit to add: to anyone reading, please check out my comment below. This answer is not the best workaround for those that wish to use Gong to record their Calendly meetings, but I found more information to help meet that goal! 

Thanks for your quick response.  Have you any evidence that this will work for Gong?

Userlevel 7

Hey again, @Mark01880! No, I do not have evidence that this will work. You would need to test it in your own live environment. That said, after doing some more research on this topic for you, it does not seem that this workaround is actually your best bet, after all. Keep reading below, and we’ll dig in to what will work! 🕵🏼

First: the workaround I mentioned using forwarding filters simply results in the email you get upon a booking being made being forwarded to another email address. Something that requires a more active step is not going to have the results you desire. 

Second: Calendly does have a Gong Engage integration that you can read more about, here

Third: Gong actually has their own Gong > Calendly integration! This results in being able to record Calendly meetings using Gong, which was your original ask! 

Fourth: Zapier facilitates a Calendly > Gong connection that allows for automating workflows and more. Check that out, too! 

Here’s some more info about the Calendly > Gong Engage integration (facilitated by Calendly)

With the Gong browser integration, you add the power of Calendly to your sales platform. By enabling this integration from your browser extension, a Calendly button is added to Gong’s email compose window. Instead of navigating across applications, you can easily access your events and share your availability while writing an email.

NOTE: You need to have access to Gong Engage and a Calendly browser extension downloaded to enable this integration. For more information about Gong Engage, click here.

Here’s some more info about the Gong > Calendly integration (facilitated by Gong)

Gong records calls scheduled through Calendly when the following conditions are met:

• You're set up to be recorded by Gong

• The meeting appears in your calendar

• The meeting event includes a web conferencing link

If you don't have a web conferencing link, Gong recommends generating a link by using Calendly's (out-of-the-box) integration solution with Google MeetZoomGoToMeetingMicrosoft Teams, etc.

• In Calendly, your event types are set to Calendar invitations.

This seems to be the answer to your ask, which is exciting! Click here to keep reading in Gong’s Help Center + for more on how to set up the Gong > Calendly connection. 

If you run into any issues setting this up, you’ll want to reach out to Gong’s support team here (this is their Help Center; click “contact me” > top, right) as they are the ones that set up + facilitate the connection. You can also search around + post in Gong’s Community. 😎 Yay! 

I hope this helps! Please don’t hesitate to reach out here, again, if you have further questions. Have a great day! 🤗

Thanks for your help