Add rule to limit / set maximum number of meetings of a type per week (please)

• 17 October 2023
  • 55 replies

Show first post

55 replies

This has my vote as well. We’re an accounting office and offer all different types of appointments and need to limit how many we do each week for several of them. Without the limitation we either can’t offer flexibility to our clients, or we risk being overbooked and unable to be productive in other areas of the business. We have this feature set in Acuity at the moment, but can’t move across to Calendly until this is an option, which is a shame as Calendly has more to offer in terms of other integrations that we can’t wait to use. 

We also desperately need this feature. We are currently considering other alternatives almost exclusively because this feature is not available with Calendly.

We are a Financial Planning firm and here is our use case - We have 4 different types of meetings we hold with clients. For 3 of these meeting types the daily meeting limit works great and we are happy to hold as many of these each week as clients want to book.

However, 1 meeting type, client reviews, requires significant pre-work prior to the meeting for each client and to manage workload we need to limit how many of these meetings can be booked per week. At the moment we are running separate availabilities for review meetings compared to the other 3 meeting types and then manually blocking out time in the review availability once we’ve met the desired weekly limit.

Often, we’ll have multiple clients book over night, when we can’t manage this, and end up with more review meetings in a given week than desired and causing stress to our work flow and processes or needing to contact clients to reschedule. It’s not a good look telling clients the system should not have allowed them to book the meeting they did.

What we need is to be able to limit how many of each event type can he booked per week, it can’t just be a global limit across all meeting types.

We’d also like the ability to limit total meetings per day and per week globally across all event types. For example:

Global

• 10 meetings per week
  • 3 meetings per day

Event type 1

• 5 meetings per week
  • 2 meetings per day

Event type 2

• Unlimited meetings per week
  • 2 meetings per day

etc…

Please, let us know how long until these features are available. What does the timeline look like?

Would also like to add ourselves to this list of users who could greatly use this feature. We are a custom window treatment retailer and we want our customers to have flexibility to book, but we need to limit the number of bookings per week so as not to overwork our sales team. We had been looking into other scheduling softwares for this very reason. Our team would much rather use calendly though so please make this a reality. Any notice on the status of this would be fantastic. Thanks so much!

I’m upvoting this too!

I am a life coach beginning my marketing and I want to market without fear of being inundated with too many sessions booked in. I want to know that I can deliver quality sessions for the people I book and also work in a way that’s sustainable. For me this looks like 1 session a week. The work around doesn’t work for me either as client flexibility is essential to them getting the most from the session

Hi, I came looking for some assistance with how I can limit a certain event type to once a week also, and I am a little disappointed to find that there is not great solution. I hope this is a feature that will be integrated soon!